Comments/Thoughts/Future of Ky Lake Poker Run

Notices

Comments/Thoughts/Future of Ky Lake Poker Run

Old 06-27-2009, 08:35 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Comments/Thoughts/Future of Ky Lake Poker Run

I have talked to several groups of people and all has had mixed opinions on the run, just thought I would put this out there to see how everyone felt about the run.

Mitch, I just want to say you have made this run a great event. I understand you didnt have anything to do with the organization of this years event but it did appear that when the Crap hit the fan Saturday night you were left holding the bag and Roger was gone, just wanted to say sorry that happened to you.

My complaint is directed towards Roger Schnabel why was no one told that the convention center had any A/C, employes told us that the air had been broke for months. Why were we not told about this on Friday. Usually you have a few prizes and such not one give away this year and did the money even go towards a charity like in the past? And not one mention about Carl...

Also what is the future of this run.

Last edited by Jim Diesel; 06-27-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JD, has a good point. I think the run itself was great and the lunch stop was cool. I like the poker run layout w/ the last stop being the party spot.

The activities during the evenings left a lot to be desired. I guess after you layout the DJ that kills the party pretty quick. Then the Sat night A/C situation was brutal.

I was very shocked to find out that no prizes were awarded to the winning poker hand. I guess maybe they should call it a fun run so that there is no expectation for prizes.

Overall, the people at the run were great. Met lots of new friends. I'd say we will be back next year to see if Roger can work the bugs out, however I talked to quite a few people that weren't so optimistic about next year.

Duke
Old 06-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered

All I've heard about it was negative, and it all revolved around Roger. I don't know the guy, but it sounded pretty pitiful...

*No cards at Fat Daddy's
*Fat Daddy's wasn't even notified that the PR was heading that way
*No A/C at the banquet
*"Here's your plaque, thanks" <--for the top prize
*And mostly general fail's

I wasn't there, so that's just what I've heard, but most of what I did hear was from people there, and none of them were pleased.

I'm sure if Mitch was in control none of this would've happened, but he needs a day off too, right?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Registered

Thanks for breaking the ice Jimmy. I have been expecting this thread to start since last week.

First...I think it is a shame that the years of hard work building a reputation for a "first class" poker run by Mitch has now been tarnished by the work (or lack thereof) from Roger Schnabel .

I came so close to doing a stop payment on my check last week and now really regret doing so. I paid $220.00 and got two t-shirts, 1 card, and a hamburger at Fat Daddies. THATS IT! I really think a partial refund of our entries fees is in order. Truth be known, our local county attorney would probably have an interest in this as a fraudulent matter.

There were no cards at Fat Daddies, no cards at the Kenlake stop going back, and when we got to Ky Dam, I was advised not to bother walking up the hill due to the air conditioner situation. I had three girls who had dressed up and knew they would not be into a 120 degree dinner party.

I understand there was no mention of Carl, which is why we started this thing in the first place, and I am really curious as to where the proceeds went. No mention of donation to a charity (soldiers familys, etc) as in the years past.

I will say this....BEWARE Cincinnatti Poker Runners if this guy is still set to handle the details (and money) with your poker run in July. Very disappointing and I hope we can salvage something here for the future.

If you read previous posts from this guy, he states that he has "years of experience" and was the founding group that started the Lake Cumberland Poker Run. I would have expected a little more professionalism from someone with so much "experience".

People who came to Ky Lake for the first time this year....Rest assured, this is not how we handle business here and hope that you will come back.

$220.00 for Tshirts and a hamburger in my book = RIPOFF

Last edited by Poker&Run; 06-27-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:10 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by duke252
I'd say we will be back next year to see if Roger can work the bugs out, however I talked to quite a few people that weren't so optimistic about next year.

Duke
When Mitch was the organizer, he never had any bugs and was a very enjoyable run and big party afterwards.

The part about the DJ, was the son of the DJ KO'd Roger....

Last edited by Jim Diesel; 06-28-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:12 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Poker&Run
Thanks for breaking the ice Jimmy. I have been expecting this thread to start since last week.

First...I think it is a shame that the years of hard work building a reputation for a "first class" poker run by Mitch has now been tarnished by the work (or lack thereof) from Roger Schnabel .

I came so close to doing a stop payment on my check last week and now really regret doing so. I paid $220.00 and got two t-shirts, 1 card, and a hamburger at Fat Daddies. THATS IT! I really think a partial refund of our entries fees is in order. Truth be known, our local county attorney would probably have an interest in this as a fraudulent matter.

There were no cards at Fat Daddies, no cards at the Kenlake stop going back, and when we got to Ky Dam, I was advised not to bother walking up the hill due to the air conditioner situation. I had three girls who had dressed up and knew they would not be into a 120 degree dinner party.

I understand there was no mention of Carl, which is why we started this thing in the first place, and I am really curious as to where the proceeds went. No mention of donation to a charity (soldiers familys, etc) as in the years past.

I will say this....BEWARE Cincinnatti Poker Runners if this guy is still set to handle the details (and money) with your poker run in July. Very disappointing and I hope we can salvage something here for the future.

If you read previous posts from this guy, he states that he has "years of experience" and was the founding group that started the Lake Cumberland Poker Run. I would have expected a little more professionalism from someone with so much "experience".

People who came to Ky Lake for the first time this year....Rest assured, this is not how we handle business here and hope that you will come back.

$220.00 for Tshirts and a hamburger in my book = RIPOFF
Very well said JP, I bet Carl's family that was there probably had there feelings hurt, No toast or anything.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It was sad on how some of the things turned out for the event. That being said, we still had a great time. Mitch is a stand up guy and has always been great to us. I'm sure he was a little disappointed on how some of the things turned out but he had no control over that. WE WILL BE BACK! We have made a lot of friends up there and enjoy Kentucky Lake. Always have fun at Moore's and running around with you guys.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have attended this poker run for the last 4 years and have always enjoyed it. It is always challenging for us to make this run because we also spend Memorial Day Weekend at KY Lake and it's an 8 hour round trip from Chattanooga. I can say without question, this years run will be the last for us unless there is some change. We paid $280 for t-shirts and an additional hand for the crew and for what???? We had a good time at the quarry (as always) but that was it. This years run, IMO, was a total failure and a RIP-OFF. Roger has some explaining to do!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Jim Diesel;2898295]When Mitch was the organizer, he never had any bugs and was a very enjoyable run and big party afterwards.

When Mitch was the organizer

the friday party getting shut down 20 mins early should'nt of been no biggie but the Saturday partay was a real BUMMER with no Carl toast, NO A/C was ,seen lots of HOTTTT women dressed to the nines for a night of dancing,partying,good times only to see them turn around leave the party,and head back to there rooms for cocktails and A/C ... WTF would of been nice to even take the party back to the Marina ...spent a couple of hours with Mitch after everyone left and he was just as Bummed as the rest of us that things went the way they did ...
Hats off to Mitch my .02 cents
Old 06-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=flenner;2898356]It was sad on how some of the things turned out for the event. That being said, we still had a great time. Mitch is a stand up guy and has always been great to us. I'm sure he was a little disappointed on how some of the things turned out but he had no control over that. WE WILL BE BACK! We have made a lot of friends up there and enjoy Kentucky Lake.

Ditto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.