Local prop repair? >

Local prop repair?

Notices

Local prop repair?

Old 09-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local prop repair?

I went into the Sands area on Saturday last week and the water was a little too shallow. I was very far from shore, in fact closer to the steps than the shore, and felt the prop hit ground. I went to neutral, turned around, and babied it out of there. When I loaded the boat up that night we looked at the prop. On 1 blade, it looks like there's a small slit, and the 2 ends are peeled back. It probably covers an 1/8" in size. It's very small, and you don't even notice it under power or planing off, but it is something that I need to fix soon.

Anyone know of a prop repair place around here? I've seen the one up the road from Moor's, but I won't go anywhere like that without a recommendation.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

It's good you can't feel a difference driving. I assume that you have a CNC prop. On my Nautique, if you ding one and can feel it, the prop will never be the same. I send them back to the manufacturer and they are not the same. The CNC props are very smooth but not always repairable. If you ever get one and can feel bite the bullet and get a new one.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered

Julian Orange on the southside is the man you need to see. Go over the (john puryear rd) bridge by country castle and you will see his signs on the left hand side of the road. Known him for 20+ years. One of the best in the business.
Shop Phone: (270) 443-9783
Old 09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

JB, nut sure local might be the answer if you have a cnc prop. I have heard good and bad about orange so I really dont know what to tell you there. Donnie, which is the guy on Moors camp rd done a few props that were hit on the ramp over the labor day weekend. It seemed like it got the boater going for the weekend but thats all I know. Have you checked with BBlades?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jb
julian is your man.. around here anyway.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by charlie_hustle
Julian Orange on the southside is the man you need to see. Go over the (john puryear rd) bridge by country castle and you will see his signs on the left hand side of the road. Known him for 20+ years. One of the best in the business.
Shop Phone: (270) 443-9783
Is he still in business? I'd been told that he was working another job (construction maybe?). I've been by his place several times and it's always either closed or a sign on the door showing limited hours of operation. I dunno, just asking....
Old 09-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered

I'll get some pics tomorrow of the blade. I don't know if it's CNC or not....

Thanks for the advice

Since you guys were gone this weekend they've dropped the hell out of the lake. It's pretty low right now, everywhere.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered

Talking

Julian is still in business. Super guy to deal with. He welded some stainless for me Friday (and wouldnt take a dime)

JB If it was me, I would let him repair the prop and if you notice a difference, send it to B Blades over the winter. Orange's work is impeccable and I think you will be pleased. All I have heard is bad things about the guy on Moors Camp Rd.

Last edited by Poker&Run; 09-15-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info Jon. That's exactly why I posted this thread for stuff like that. I would've considered going there but with everyone else's opinions I'll check out Julian. I may just put it on the winter project list, which gets longer by the day.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered

I'd say it's a cnc'd prop. Looks like milling lines on the blades. What brand is that? It will be important for whoever repairs your prop to have the appropriate pitch blocks designed for that particular prop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.