Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    Active Thunder

BBQ on the River Run

Wanted to go ahead and post this on here so anyone that wants to participate can make plans.

We are planning on locking through Ky Dam on Saturday Sept. 26 and docking downtown for the BBQ on the River. I have a written agreement from a local barge line that will allow us to raft off of their dock as long as we want for the weekend.

After the festivities Sat nite, we are planning on going to Owens Island for a Bonfire and campout (tent or cuddy-your choice) and returning Sun morning. Call me or PM if you have any questions.

Jon

Wired Nuts Platinum Member Jim Diesel's Avatar
    My Boats:
    03 Sonic 31SS w/500 EFI's
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker&Run View Post
    Wanted to go ahead and post this on here so anyone that wants to participate can make plans.

We are planning on locking through Ky Dam on Saturday Sept. 26 and docking downtown for the BBQ on the River. I have a written agreement from a local barge line that will allow us to raft off of their dock as long as we want for the weekend.

After the festivities Sat nite, we are planning on going to Owens Island for a Bonfire and campout (tent or cuddy-your choice) and returning Sun morning. Call me or PM if you have any questions.

Jon
    What dock and how far from the bbq is it? I might be interested if your 110% sure we could raft off, I think someone a couple years ago had permission from one of the James and they all showed up and was told go on get...

My Boats:
    Active Thunder
    It is the Ingram dock that is the next one up from the James Courtesy Dock. We tied up there last year. It is about a 2 min walk to Broadway. They also let us tie up on the inside to protect from any waves/debris/prob wash from the boats coming down the river.

My Boats:
    2007 Supra Launch 24SSV
    Good luck..... We all know what happened that year when I went with my 25'. I've been down there to last 2 years with my wakeboat and had trouble with them everytime.

Last year when we pulled in with the boat on the trailer I stopped by the Coast Guard guys. They were sitting on their boat waiting for others to launch. I told them of the problems we've had with that barge line (pointing to it while I'm telling this). I told them that they wouldn't even let the guy driving my truck on the dock to get on the boat. CG said "if they give you any trouble, let us know". I pulled up the dock about 4 times picking up people and dropping off. The A-holes on teh barge gave us lip everytime. We just went about our business and ignored them.

sdw
    My Boats:
    01 - 36 outlaw
    The Illinois group is going to be at Golconda area, we tried this the last 2 years and got Denied!! We are going to go up to e-town get fish and back to stewart island and maybe behind the island staying at the dam houses. should be fun, come up here and hell with BBQ

My Boats:
    Active Thunder
    I talked with the chairman of the BBQ on the River today. There aren't very supportive of us having boats around down there due to (MARSEC) rules as he states. I don't think I am going to patronize their event this year. Tired of the bad attitude down there.

OK....Who is up for Golconda?

My Boats:
    2007 Supra Launch 24SSV
    If there ever comes a day that Paducah has a marina close to the foot of Broadway, they'll have already ran off any potential customers that it would bring in, except for the transients that are passing through.... Like the crazy Canadians in 8' sailboats that we almost killed a few years back

My Boats:
    2007 Supra Launch 24SSV
    I'm gonna try to do the 3rd annual Booze Crooze from the riverfront on October 17th or 24th if anyone is interested. Probably just run up the Cumberland this year. We'll be wakeboarding a little bit and a little more of something else.

My Boats:
    Active Thunder

Banana

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    Like the crazy Canadians in 8' sailboats that we almost killed a few years back
    I am surprised that didn't make the news that afternoon! They did look a little wet and pissed when I put the boat on the trailer...