Page Views: 1217 Date Added: 11/28/2022 Last Updated: 11/28/2022
1989 Fountain Lightning 40 foot race boat. Purchased from a friend last fall. She was professionally documented in 2004 which stated that this was built and used by Reggie Fountain. It has a unique mold that is a narrowed beam, carbon fiber hull. This was factory built in 1989 as an offshore race boat (center drive cockpit). The boat originally had SC1000s and were replaced with an all new powerplant. The new engines were built by a main mechanic from Procharger at the time. The specs are as follows:
- Built 502 engines with M-4 Prochargers with an estimated 1,100 hp each.
- Transmissions were rebuilt.
- Raised Speed master V drives
- New interior in 2005
- Hour meters show around 270 hrs on the hull, but less than 20 hours on the build. Boat was not used and in dry storage until last fall.
- Recent fluid change and engines are sound. Two new fuel pumps and rebuild sea pumps.
- Call for more info. I can provide the documentation and any additional picture.