Performance Boat Candy Wax >

Performance Boat Candy Wax

Notices

Performance Boat Candy Wax

Old 01-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Boat Candy Wax

I usually use the two step process with leverage oxidation remover followed by their pure wax form. Usually holds up OK for a couple weeks. Boat is used in saltwater ONLY. I try to stay away from compound/cleaner combo's, but the site seems legitimate and is endorsed by reputable people (ie teague). Anyone have any experience? Willing to try it out if theres enough good reviews. It's tough doing full two step detaisl 4 times a summer
Old 01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Personally, I only like the liquid sprays for a quick shine. I don't feel this gives the protection as good as the traditional way.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

its hard to find a good wax and doesnt streak or swirl.... Has anyone ever used Zymbol cleaner/wax....ive used it sev times and its difficult and messy coming off, but it leaves a nice/shiney coat.....
Old 01-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
its hard to find a good wax and doesnt streak or swirl.... Has anyone ever used Zymbol cleaner/wax....ive used it sev times and its difficult and messy coming off, but it leaves a nice/shiney coat.....
Nice hijack dude. Back to topic. Anyone try PERFORMANCE BOAT CANDY?

Jesus Christ. Numbskull.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

We use Boat Candy and it works great. If you have a good coat of wax on your boat before you go out on the water, it works the best. With some quick spray cleaners out there, it will take off your coat of wax but Boat Candy seems to not strip the wax...
Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Do you mean Zymol????
Yes. I've used it. It looks good, but is a lot of work. It didn't seem to look any better or last any longer than Frenzy or Leverage though.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lavey jr
We use Boat Candy and it works great. If you have a good coat of wax on your boat before you go out on the water, it works the best. With some quick spray cleaners out there, it will take off your coat of wax but Boat Candy seems to not strip the wax...
Im confused. Is this stuff supposed to be used as a spray wax or abrasive? In addition, anyone use collonite?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Leverage is the only stuff to use
Old 01-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Im confused. Is this stuff supposed to be used as a spray wax or abrasive? In addition, anyone use collonite?
The only product I've used by them is thier "Speed Gloss" and I'm assuming this is the product you're talking about.... As far as I know it is to be used as a quick spray cleaner/wax, but I could be wrong...

I've used it two different ways... One, when we are on the water and have some water spots and/or feel like wiping the boat down. It does a great job of taking off the water spots aswell as giving a great shine. Two, right after we get off the water and don't have time to do a full clean that day...

Like I said before, similar to other quick spray cleaners it seems to work better when you already have a nice coat of wax on your boat, but Boat Candy does not strip your existing wax like other cleaners do.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
In addition, anyone use collonite?
Well now that you asked... I didn't dare want to hijack!

I boat on the Mississippi river which isn't salt, but muddy and likes to stain. I have tried many waxes and by far the longest lasting one that I found and continue to use today is Collinite Heavy Duty Paste Fleet Wax 885. I use a sponge applicator and take it off with old 100% cotton t-shirts. It actually goes on and off really easy which is a plus!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.