Who's Activator at Lanier? >

Who's Activator at Lanier?

Notices

Who's Activator at Lanier?

Old 07-24-2016, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who's Activator at Lanier?

At Pirates of Lanier last week, I saw what looked like a 30 Activator, multiple colors but had a lot of orange. Just wondering if anybody here owns it or knows who does? The thing sounded wicked going up the lake just cruising so I'm curious about what power it had. Made my 825 sound like an outboard lol.
-Tom
Old 07-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Registered

Edit: pretty sure this was the boat:
http://cgcustoms.net/Activator30.html
Old 07-24-2016, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the boat last I know of it had a 525.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Tom that would be me. Just put in a Merc 600SCI. I can't imagine your boat is much quieter unless you have mufflers. The new engine is not as loud as the 525 was. Didn't run hard at the Poker Run to keep my crew happy....
Old 07-24-2016, 11:19 PM
Registered

I rented a house on young deer creek and saw you go by a couple times and it sounded good that's for sure. I just have the Teague switchable mufflers on mine so no mufflers. Maybe it's the exhaust echoing under the swim platform or something. When you went by once, I told my dad that it's a single and he said "I don't know how it could be a single and sound like that."

Yeah I was running it easy during the run too, I had a bunch of boating first timers with me. What does that boat run with the 600? I know they're pretty fast...
Old 07-25-2016, 06:04 AM
Registered

That's cool what your dad said. I always wonder what it sounds like to others. I live in the back of Young Deer Creek and think I heard you a few times.
Sounded very good to me. Better than anything normally back my way. Was testing some props this weekend, but 86 is what I am seeing now. Picked up 6 to 8 mph over the 525 and much stronger acceleration. Hit me up next time you make it up to Lanier!
Old 07-25-2016, 06:29 AM
Registered

Will do! I'd love to check out your boat. That was my first time at Lanier, we stayed for 9 days and loved it. Will definitely be back for the poker run next year and maybe throw in an additional week next summer. The thoughts crossed my mind to find a place to store the boat and truck there and fly back and forth. Much nicer than using it in salt water down here in FL.

If you wanna do some winter boating, check out he toys for tots run in Palatka, FL in December. Real low key I'll be there again this year.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Out There
That's cool what your dad said. I always wonder what it sounds like to others. I live in the back of Young Deer Creek and think I heard you a few times.
Sounded very good to me. Better than anything normally back my way. Was testing some props this weekend, but 86 is what I am seeing now. Picked up 6 to 8 mph over the 525 and much stronger acceleration. Hit me up next time you make it up to Lanier!
When that boat was new it went 85 with the 525 and a hering 5 blade
Old 07-25-2016, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the Papa Duke's race boat, right? I saw it many years ago and it was a nice looking rig.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by edelectra
When that boat was new it went 85 with the 525 and a hering 5 blade
That's what Mark told me. I also saw 85 on my test ride with a 30 Bravo in perfect chop in salt water. Every day in Atlanta is 78-80 in flat water.
It is at the rev limiter at 86 now in flat water. Merc labbed bravo 30P RH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.