Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   28 active thunder; 500 EFI anyone have info? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/140826-28-active-thunder%3B-500-efi-anyone-have-info.html)

288sunny 09-18-2006 06:55 PM

28 active thunder; 500 EFI anyone have info?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-10775.html

Hopefully someone can help a fellow boater out? Im very interested in a 28 active thunder, and for the price this doesnt look like a bad boat, i would rather have this than a 28 sunsation at this point, although it probably wont be very fast, just solid! however im looking for some imput, has anyone seen or heard anything on this boat? I wish i could go look at it, however i live in upper FL and hes at the bottem, miami area, kinda a long drive, on a gamble? any help would be greatly apprecaited?

also if dont wish to comment via the forum, please email me directly at [email protected], thanks again

cosmic12 09-18-2006 06:59 PM

Re: 28 active thunder; 500 EFI anyone have info?

there has been many threads on that boat. have you talked to him yet? I thought it was in northern Fla, when I talked to him over a year ago it was

288sunny 09-18-2006 10:12 PM

from what i was told, the boat was for sale about 6 or 7 months ago, from a different guy, the guy who owns it now lives in miami or somewhere real close to that, however i was told he is buying a cig and wants to sell it, from what i gather, he has owned it for 6 or so months, not long.. anyways like i said the boat looks clean from the pictures, but it does need to be checked out, thanks

R Addiction 09-19-2006 09:10 AM

Shouldn't run to bad with a 500 EFI in it....maybe 70. I'd personnaly would have to do something with that back pad....no headrests :rolleyes:

Sydwayz 09-19-2006 09:28 AM

That boat should run 70 with some 2 foot sloppy chop under it. The boat looks really clean, and would be a great step up from the 25 your are in now. The 500EFI is damn near bulletproof. It did not come with an XR, so you know it has gone through at least one drive. That's expected though. The only thing you would have to look into is the Valve Springs on the 500EFI. At 200-250 hours they need to be replaced. Other than that, put the stick down, and you won't need to let off until you run out of gas.

Tony Montana 09-20-2006 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by rittsbaja25
from what i was told, the boat was for sale about 6 or 7 months ago, from a different guy, the guy who owns it now lives in miami or somewhere real close to that, however i was told he is buying a cig and wants to sell it, from what i gather, he has owned it for 6 or so months, not long.. anyways like i said the boat looks clean from the pictures, but it does need to be checked out, thanks

Check the name of that seller. Not saying anything bad but he has other boats for sale. He may be some kind of a dealer flying under the radar. That boat has been asked about in the past. Was told it may have salt issues. All this is just info for you. Do your own research and get a good survey done. Good luck :cool:

onesickpantera 09-23-2006 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by rittsbaja25

I started a thread about this as well. I finally decided to call and I talked to the owner and he has owned it for a few months and wants to move up to a Cig. So it's not the same owner that was selling it last year. Looks clean in the pics. All the flames are off now too so I am sure it looks much better.

onesickpantera 09-23-2006 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Check the name of that seller. Not saying anything bad but he has other boats for sale. He may be some kind of a dealer flying under the radar. That boat has been asked about in the past. Was told it may have salt issues. All this is just info for you. Do your own research and get a good survey done. Good luck :cool:

What other boats does he have for sale? When I called I asked if he still had the BOAT for sale and he started talking about the AT.

tzrider 09-23-2006 06:47 PM

ritts
I'm not very far from Miami, if your interested in the boat I'd be happy to help you out and take a look at it for you

Paul

cosmic12 09-23-2006 08:10 PM

Paul, if you do go look at it PLEASE let us know what the story is. There has been way to much talk about it and nobody has ever seen it. :cool: