Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   My New Boat - Paint! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/153275-my-new-boat-paint.html)

Macklin 03-10-2007 07:04 AM

My New Boat - Paint!

Well, I changed my mind. I think this is close enough to post for comments. Especially after Pat blasted me last night. :rolleyes: :D

So, here are the changes we want to make so far. The orange to yellow fade needs to be MUCH darker...at least in the orange. The bow graphics will be stretched towards the bow to accentuate the length. And the orange stripe will be brought down onto the dash. The rest of the dash will be blue I guess. Right Pat?

We would also like to work in another green stripe. Really like that. What about maybe working in some red?

Cockpit will have white vinyl with carbon fiber blue combing panels and carbon fiber orange and yellow stripes in the tall panel on port side. Chrome bezels, blue and chrome shifters, blue wheel and stainless grab handles.

Cabin will have white leather with irredescent blue accent on top of the couches and brushed aluminum on the kitchenette and under the couches.

So, bring it on. :cool:

spilman 03-10-2007 07:13 AM

Very nice! What's the ETA? See ya @ the James run if not sooner.

Macklin 03-10-2007 07:29 AM

Should have it next month.

What about the AT logo on the sun pad. Should we do that in blue or orange and yellow?

spilman 03-10-2007 07:32 AM

I would do mostly blue, with a touch of yellow...but that's just me. I think the blue will stand out better on the white.

Macklin 03-10-2007 07:36 AM

We were also thinking of doing the sides of all the head rests in carbon fiber silver. But I'm thinking that may be a bit much. What do you guys think?

cosmic12 03-10-2007 07:50 AM

VERY NICE!!!! you are right bring some more color into the dash, remember you have 2 white hatchs that will be in the middle of the deck color,are you painting those? Looks perfect otherwise good job:cool: oh ya will there be logo anywhere?

Macklin 03-10-2007 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2053082)
VERY NICE!!!! you are right bring some more color into the dash, remember you have 2 white hatchs that will be in the middle of the deck color,are you painting those? Looks perfect otherwise good job:cool: oh ya will there be logo anywhere?

Great questions! I need to defer to the master on that....Pat?

cosmic12 03-10-2007 07:59 AM

He will probly give you chit about the deck hatch but do you want a big white square in the middle of the blue and yellow?

Macklin 03-10-2007 08:06 AM

Pat has been totally accommadating to all of my requests so far. As he says..."we are a custom builder!" :cool:

Sydwayz 03-10-2007 08:20 AM

Macklin,

You definitely want the deck hatches painted. It sets off the whole boat.

I'd love to see the AT oval logo worked into the oval of the graphics on the deck, and then I would not put one on the sunpad. This would make those PR helicopter shots look great! Your sunpad might look blah right now, but the elongated headrests are not drawn in yet.

And I think doing the TOPS of the headrests in white vinyl, with carbon fiber sides will look very trick.