Notices

Why no more 25's?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why no more 25's?

With the cost of fuel these days I think the single engine market is going to grow leaps and bounds. Why not bring back the 25 or better yet build a 26 to spank them new Bajas. I have ridden in R'Addictions 25 and I love it! The ride is great and I think it is ashame not to build a boat in that class right now. Come on Pat how about it???

Rob
Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by SOX
With the cost of fuel these days I think the single engine market is going to grow leaps and bounds. Why not bring back the 25 or better yet build a 26 to spank them new Bajas. I have ridden in R'Addictions 25 and I love it! The ride is great and I think it is ashame not to build a boat in that class right now. Come on Pat how about it???

Rob
Rob, I was told the 25 cost almost exactly the same to build as the 28. So, why would anyone want 3' less boat, especially a substantially more usable cabin, for a little more $$? Plus, it makes things more streamlined at the AT facility, which isn't massive, to produce 28, 33, 37 & now the 43. I agree, John's 25 is a sweet riding boat and who's not say a 25 wouldn't be made down the line. But their sales had dropped off a bit; actually the 37 outsells all other models combined in the past few years.(just an assumption from what I've read & seen at evevnts)
John will be ready to sell next year, count on it...he's due to move up to a 32!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by SOX

Rob
Anything is possible, but its probably not feasible. I expect the outboard go-fast market to get interesting in the near future.

I'll PM you.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:18 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by spilman
Rob, I was told the 25 cost almost exactly the same to build as the 28. So, why would anyone want 3' less boat, especially a substantially more usable cabin, for a little more $$? Plus, it makes things more streamlined at the AT facility, which isn't massive, to produce 28, 33, 37 & now the 43. I agree, John's 25 is a sweet riding boat and who's not say a 25 wouldn't be made down the line. But their sales had dropped off a bit; actually the 37 outsells all other models combined in the past few years.(just an assumption from what I've read & seen at evevnts)
John will be ready to sell next year, count on it...he's due to move up to a 32!
I understand.

BTW I love John's boat but no more hand me downs. I already ride around in "Chuck's old boat" I don't need to pull up in places with "John's old AT" No offence to anyone but I feel like I need to step out on my own. I may have to buy a used boat but I don't want to pull up and have my boat referred to as someones "old" boat. (It gets old)
Old 12-14-2007, 10:21 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Anything is possible, but its probably not feasible. I expect the outboard go-fast market to get interesting in the near future.

I'll PM you.
Thanks Brian, wishfull thinking I guess
Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SOX
I understand.

BTW I love John's boat but no more hand me downs. I already ride around in "Chuck's old boat" I don't need to pull up in places with "John's old AT" No offence to anyone but I feel like I need to step out on my own. I may have to buy a used boat but I don't want to pull up and have my boat referred to as someones "old" boat. (It gets old)
John's 25 AT ROCKS!!! I wished that I would of known about AT's before I bought a 24' Outlaw. John is a great person and I appreciate having him keep me off shoul's and in the channel at the Chesapeake Bay. The 25 is a awesome boat and I wished that I had my cam out when John and Leslie took on a huge cruiser wake with easy. I'll never forget it. Thank's John. Hey, Rob you need a AT.

Last edited by VelocityRick; 12-14-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

i need something, I can't take it much longer...
Old 12-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

The 25 is a great boat , here is a picture of my old one before i got my 32.

500 hp and runs 74 on gps.
Attached Thumbnails Why no more 25's?-25-thunder.jpg  
Old 12-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Registered

Talking Fuel costs

Originally Posted by SOX

Rob
I would like to see more boats in the 27-35' range with higher hp & torque small blocks; like the Raylar 550's. They sound like a really awesome package. But in the 27-30', the 350mag/MPI's are SOOO great on fuel consumption it is amazing. I have never had to fuel up on a poker run and I only have (2) 50 gal tanks; can run almost 250 miles on 100 gallons! Only drawback is top speed is 72.....but with some newer technology and a longer stroke, Mercury should be able to build a small block with 400-450hp without adding too much to the price. just my .02
Old 12-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Registered

BTW, in most applications, the twin sb's get a little better mileage than a single big block.....I'm sure there are afew exceptions.

Quick Reply: Why no more 25's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.