Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   Speaker pics for Scott/yzbert... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/189947-speaker-pics-scott-yzbert.html)

Sydwayz 06-30-2008 11:13 AM

Speaker pics for Scott/yzbert...

1 Attachment(s)
Scott, I got your VM last night. Here is a picture of Mike Case's boat before he bought it. I'll go out and snap a couple pics of mine over lunch.

Sydwayz 06-30-2008 11:32 AM

Pics of Monsoon

2 Attachment(s)
Apologize for the boat being dirty. We had a thunderstorm just get started as I backed into the Toy Box on Saturday afternoon, and I have not finished cleaning yet.

My speakers are MBQuart 6.5s. They exact model that I have (same as Mike Case) are now discontinued. My speaker grills came from Rex Marine, ala Mary Sue as a birthday present.

Sydwayz 06-30-2008 11:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Yes, the SB shifter is close to the billet speaker grill which is pretty thick. I do have 1/2" clearance which is plenty for me. If it does become an issue; I can swap the controls to SSTT, and will still be fine.

yzbert 06-30-2008 10:24 PM

cool, just got mine worked on today, pics helped. i had two 6.5 under the back seat with a 12 sub in the center and 2 6.5 up front. replaced 2 of the 6.5 under the seat with 8's took those and put them up high in the same location as yours. added another amp as well, should help out alot! sounds so much better sitting on the trailer. every speaker except the two in the cabin were hooked up wrong. right side of the boat had different wire than left side, looked like two different people wired it.

put a alpine deck in with ipod control, album art comes up on the screen rotory dial works just like ipod, can set up multiple users to fade forward or back and any other setting that i want. has a RF remote so it is not bothered by the sun, sat on the porch tonight and changed songs, volume, mute very cool. hooked up xm radio through the xm weather on the gps. looking forward to getting out on the water and running with it.

Strip Poker 388 09-09-2008 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2607613)
Yes, the SB shifter is close to the billet speaker grill which is pretty thick. I do have 1/2" clearance which is plenty for me. If it does become an issue; I can swap the controls to SSTT, and will still be fine.

Nice,they powdercoated?

Sydwayz 09-10-2008 04:06 AM

Crap, I can't remember for sure. The deep purple only comes one way, and I think its PC, not the "fusion coat". I check and get back to you.

R Addiction 09-11-2008 08:10 AM

Someday I'll update my system. My system still sounds good for a Pioneer head unit (newer version) no amp and 4 6 1/2" pioneer speakers. Besides I turn it up and a minute or two later I walk away and Lesley turns it off. I don't run with music on , I'd rather hear the motor:cool: