37 AVH prop slip >

37 AVH prop slip

Notices

37 AVH prop slip

Old 06-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crb76
The labbed 4 32's or the labbed 28 5 maximus 15 1/4 are the only way to go. Pat or BBlades can get you hooked up on the 5blade specs. The 5 blades handle twice a good and get on plane twice as good as the 4 blades. You will see pretty much the same speed across the board with either.

If you want an extra 3-4 mph go with a 30 herring. My boat ran 90.5 mph but getting on plane was no fun.
Sounds good, we will be trying the new stock 32's today as soon as the rain stops or tomorrow morning depending on weather, how much throttle are you giving it with the stock props ? The Maximus props sound like a great prop and might try as well.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Sounds good, we will be trying the new stock 32's today as soon as the rain stops or tomorrow morning depending on weather, how much throttle are you giving it with the stock props ? The Maximus props sound like a great prop and might try as well.
I push them to 3000 slowly and let them catch and then the boat does the rest. I am a tab guy just because they save drives, not that the boat needs them. I run it to 2000 or 2500 with tabs. Not much difference but with tabs there is no vibration.

You won’t run a 4 blade again after the 5 blade max. It makes the boat run on rails in the rough.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by crb76
I push them to 3000 slowly and let them catch and then the boat does the rest. I am a tab guy just because they save drives, not that the boat needs them. I run it to 2000 or 2500 with tabs. Not much difference but with tabs there is no vibration.

You won’t run a 4 blade again after the 5 blade max. It makes the boat run on rails in the rough.
Got a chance to run it hard today in the spring poker run an she ran great out front, had to hammer the props pretty hard to get them to bite out of the hole but once they bit the boat loved the rough.

Orderd up the new 5 blade Hydros, testing next week.

Last edited by laszlo01; 06-17-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

5 Blade Hydros

Got a chance to run it hard today in the spring poker run an she ran great out front, had to hammer the props pretty hard to get them to bite out of the hole but once they bit the boat loved the rough.

Orderd up the new 5 blade Hydros, testing next week.
I was wondering how the test went with the five blade hydros and which 5 blade series and pitch that you are testing.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm curious about the Hydro's also
Old 07-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered

Default props

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I'm curious about the Hydro's also
Finally had some time to dial it in with the new bravo 4 32's and with the merc racing prop slip calc we are at 21% prop slip with full fuel and 4 people, we are running it friday with 1/2 fuel and 2 people to get the second set of numbers on the 4 blades, we are installing the 5 blade 28's next week in stock form to get the same two test numbers and then Lab from there. Just wish I had more time but moving along nicely, finally getting better on getting it on plane and the boat loves the rough stuff for sure. Will post numbers on the new 5 blades after testing, I am pretty sure they will be much better.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Finally had some time to dial it in with the new bravo 4 32's and with the merc racing prop slip calc we are at 21% prop slip with full fuel and 4 people, we are running it friday with 1/2 fuel and 2 people to get the second set of numbers on the 4 blades, we are installing the 5 blade 28's next week in stock form to get the same two test numbers and then Lab from there. Just wish I had more time but moving along nicely, finally getting better on getting it on plane and the boat loves the rough stuff for sure. Will post numbers on the new 5 blades after testing, I am pretty sure they will be much better.
5 bladed Hydros or Maxxies?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
5 bladed Hydros or Maxxies?
We know what the Maxxies do I'm curious about the Hydros
Old 07-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my Hydros!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by flenner
I like my Hydros!
What size are you running ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.