37 AVH prop slip >

37 AVH prop slip

Notices

37 AVH prop slip

Old 07-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Sounds like parts in the one drive just behind the prop shaft, pulling apart today to repair the mess, some light damage on the skegs but not to bad, ran into a low patch of sea weed and some rocks in a place where we have run hundreds of times with no problems. will be running the hydro P5X 28's the end of the week, been trying some stock bravos and labbed bravos just getting around 22% prop slip with them, I think the Hydros should fix that though.
I wish I had your money. You live in Mich ? WOW New boat, new props, broken drive.........I am glad someone in Michigan is doing well.

I have really enjoyed the thread and am anxious to hear what speeds you get.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Registered

Pat you are correct, Fuel cost not so much on the mind for sure, the best combination I am attempting to get is a decent hole shot with the best top end for those runs when you need it, would like to see a mid teens prop slip with a 85ish top end with the 525's.

Might end up having a poker run set and a daily driver set if that is the way to go, we will be upping the motors over the winter to fresh 509's and whipple ready, so top end will be there for sure.

Just have to add that this is the most fun we have had and just love the looks and ride of the 37 AVH, we even had the coasties helo pace us this last weekend running on lake erie, was pretty cool.

Will post numbers as soon as the drive is back together. Going to run the Hydro P-5X 29's to start with.

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
At the end of the day what are you looking for? Top end or cruise. You won't get both without two different sets of props so save your money.

The boat runs fastest with 32 Labs. 5250 at 87 and 18% slip. Now it kinda sucks coming out of the hole but it's a sacrifice. Midrange slip is higher but I'm thinking fuel cost CAN NOT BE on your mind.

5-blades will give you better mid-range but, then again, I've never won a race in the midrange....

Last edited by laszlo01; 07-07-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered

New Hydros are in and ready to run.
Attached Thumbnails 37 AVH prop slip-new-prop.bmp  
Old 07-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I've been watching this thread closely as I'm in the same boat. I'm fairly sure I will need a new set of wheels after this little engine project we're wrapping up. I am very interested in the Hydros.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
I've been watching this thread closely as I'm in the same boat.
No, yours is teal and yellow. His is blue with lightning bolts....
Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Registered

Laszlo01
We came into P-I-B friday walked over to say hi after dinner but you were gone did you boat back to Mi. First time I have seen the boat in person VERY NICE
Steve
Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
No, yours is teal and yellow. His is blue with lightning bolts....
Oh stop you're killing me.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered

Sorry we missed you, we ran over to get dinner and burn of some fuel so we could run it with light fuel on the way back but broke a drive on the return trip, thank you I love the looks on it as well.

Where you the Hustler right across from us ?

Skegs repaired today after strike.

Broke the lower shaft but good.

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
Laszlo01
We came into P-I-B friday walked over to say hi after dinner but you were gone did you boat back to Mi. First time I have seen the boat in person VERY NICE
Steve
Attached Thumbnails 37 AVH prop slip-skeg.jpg   37 AVH prop slip-img00080-20090710-0846.jpg  

Last edited by laszlo01; 07-10-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Registered

Yes we were staying with Jim at Fox's Dock. How far is it from PIB to your home port and how long does it take? Good luck on the repair. I'm happy to hear it was nothing more serious, but still puts a damper on the weekend.
Steve
Old 07-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered

We put in at Gibralter and we make it there in about 30 minutes, Parts going back togeher nicely and should be running again this week with the new props. That was a nice looking Hustler you where on.

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
Yes we were staying with Jim at Fox's Dock. How far is it from PIB to your home port and how long does it take? Good luck on the repair. I'm happy to hear it was nothing more serious, but still puts a damper on the weekend.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.