Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   Demo Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/217055-demo-run.html)

JeffC 09-17-2009 07:28 PM

Demo Run

Hey guys, I have been looking at buying a new 37 from Pat. They are beautiful boats. I have always been a cigarette guy and i currently own one. But after reading all of ATs threads i feel like this is the biggest bang for the buck. I am flying to the factory next week and would like some insight on Pats Incredible Demo ride. LOL I am wondering if i need to prepare my wife for a heart attack...LOL

If everything goes well yall may have another member for the miami boat show run.

Opinions: 525 or 600

t500hps 09-17-2009 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by JeffC (Post 2955059)
Hey guys, I have been looking at buying a new 37 from Pat. They are beautiful boats. I have always been a cigarette guy and i currently own one. But after reading all of ATs threads i feel like this is the biggest bang for the buck. I am flying to the factory next week and would like some insight on Pats Incredible Demo ride. LOL I am wondering if i need to prepare my wife for a heart attack...LOL

If everything goes well yall may have another member for the miami boat show run.

I've only heard about the demo runs and love the boat...there have been 6 37's owned near me the last couple years and have run with all of them at times. Stay with the 525's......for that hull it's the best bang for the buck!!!!

chuckbeecher 09-17-2009 10:15 PM

Are you the fellow that I met several weeks ago at Kenny's house during the Ms ??Whatever swimsuit competition, new boat and BBQ event?

ACTIVESHACK 09-17-2009 10:16 PM

Hope for some east wind and an outgoing tide at Hillsboro Inlet and you'll see what it's all about :eek:
My recomendation is to go with the 525s.

Sydwayz 09-17-2009 11:05 PM

Hey Jeff: Welcome.

Pat and I have been chatting daily about your visit & rescheduled visit.

You will have fun in FL. Pat's not going to scare your wife. He knows what he is doing and he can you tell you exactly how the boat is going to react 1 mile before you get there. I'll admit he raised MY eyebrows laying the sticks down, turning the wheel, and launching off of a 4-5 foot trawler wake in Key West a couple years ago. Coupled with the fact that he crossed his arms at the same time. Regardless, the boat just landed and carved a beautiful turn.

Enjoy; and let me know what I can do to help.

laszlo01 09-18-2009 06:37 AM

Can i go again ? Hope the waves are rolling in for you, enjoy. 525 boat and upgrade later at refresh time if you need more speed.

slboatdrinks 09-18-2009 07:45 AM

525's are your best bet in my opinion.

JeffC 09-18-2009 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher (Post 2955214)
Are you the fellow that I met several weeks ago at Kenny's house during the Ms ??Whatever swimsuit competition, new boat and BBQ event?

Yes Sir, That was me. Kenny always has a great partys. There is going to be a pokerrun to his house next weekend also.

crb76 09-19-2009 12:57 PM

525s or 700s. 600s are old school....

activemike 09-19-2009 05:06 PM

go with the 525s with 28 pitch 5 blades, unless you have money to waste. You will never get the extra money back out of the boat. My boat ran 88mph stock before i put the whipples on it, Should have left it that way....