Winter Project >

Winter Project

Notices

Winter Project

Old 05-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Engine rebuilds...

This photo shows one of the blocks completely machined and sitting on a floor cart waiting for the washing/cleaning process. The blocks have already been align honed, and the decks have been squared. The final process was honing the cylinders with torque plates---it's all done now.

I wanted to try to get a photo of one of the blocks while they were on the honing machine during the cylinder honing process, but I wasn't able to be there while it was being done. Here's one of my blocks that has been honed. These engines were previously built by another engine builder....My builder (Dave) had to hone the cylinders a hair more than where he normally likes them because he had to "clean up" everything from the previous build/hone.

Cams (hyd roller) have been ordered from RMBUILDER/Bob Madara of Marine Kinetics.

The next photos will show the blocks on the stands ready for assembly.
Attached Thumbnails Winter Project-engine-rebuilds-001.jpg  

Last edited by KAAMA; 05-11-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
This photo shows one of the blocks completely machined and sitting on a floor cart waiting for the washing/cleaning process. The blocks have already been align honed, and the decks have been squared. The final process was honing the cylinders with torque plates---it's all done now.

I wanted to try to get a photo of one of the blocks while they were on the honing machine during the cylinder honing process, but I wasn't able to be there while it was being done. Here's one of my blocks that has been honed. These engines were previously built by another engine builder....My builder (Dave) had to hone the cylinders a hair more than where he normally likes them because he had to "clean up" everything from the previous build/hone.

Cams (hyd roller) have been ordered from RMBUILDER/Bob Madara of Marine Kinetics.

The next photos will show the blocks on the stands ready for assembly.
Mark, Im still waiting to hear what your putting them in.
Will it be ready for this year?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by michigan troll
Mark, Im still waiting to hear what your putting them in.
Will it be ready for this year?
Yeah, that seems to be the big question of the day lately. I'm just going to show up with it somewhere---hey, with all these other HOT lookin' boats around the country, believe me---mine is nothing special.

Anyway, I was really hoping to have it in the water by the end of June/beginning of July----I really wanted it to be ready by July 4th weekend and take it up north to Grand Traverse Bay for the Blue Angels Air Show, but not real sure we're gonna make it.

I had some unexpected stuff spring up within the last few months with my new (to me) boat, some business stuff...and some personal stuff. I just have to realize it's better not to rush it. It's not at a stand still...but I can only say it will be done when it's done.

The last 8 months have been a real trip....but hey, there are A LOT more people worse off than me. I have much to be thankful for and God has been good to me. Heck, I am very thankful that I am able to even own a boat!

I am always going to be a big fan of the Active Thunders. I really loved my 32' AT---it's a real runner and I have a lot of good memories with it.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my winter project home from the factory yesterday
Old 05-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

Getting my MEFI's Kustom flashed by Dustin at whipple and ready to roll. Mark cant wait to see the new ride, let me know how it goes, see you up north.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

Thumbs up July 4th, GTB/Torch Lake area....

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Getting my MEFI's Kustom flashed by Dustin at whipple and ready to roll. Mark cant wait to see the new ride, let me know how it goes, see you up north.
Cool Lasz, I'd like to see your boat with the Whipples....hopefully up north this summer. Part 1 of my project is finally over with now. Part 2 is just beginning....re-mounting hardware, and re-rig, re-mount/hang drives.

We rented a house at Schuss Mountain/Cedar Village area that sits on a golf course on one of the putting greens. I rented it last year during the 4th and it is such a cool house nestled in a real cozy spot....something like 6 bedrooms and 18 beds and 4 bathrooms. The house is only a 12 mile drive from the Torch River bridge near the Torch River Marina.

Anyway, we are going regardless if the boat is done/ready or not. I mean, I really enjoy boating, but it isn't everything to me and I always enjoy it up there with or without the/a boat.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Cool Lasz, I'd like to see your boat with the Whipples....hopefully up north this summer. Part 1 of my project is finally over with now. Part 2 is just beginning....re-mounting hardware, and re-rig, re-mount/hang drives.

We rented a house at Schuss Mountain/Cedar Village area that sits on a golf course on one of the putting greens. I rented it last year during the 4th and it is such a cool house nestled in a real cozy spot....something like 6 bedrooms and 18 beds and 4 bathrooms. The house is only a 12 mile drive from the Torch River bridge near the Torch River Marina.

Anyway, we are going regardless if the boat is done/ready or not. I mean, I really enjoy boating, but it isn't everything to me and I always enjoy it up there with or without the/a boat.
Our July is booked, but our group is doing a trailer trip in August to TC so we will be up there for sure, will let you know the dates as soon as I have them firmed up.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Our July is booked, but our group is doing a trailer trip in August to TC so we will be up there for sure, will let you know the dates as soon as I have them firmed up.
let me know as well, we are in petoskey.

scott
Old 05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by yzbert
let me know as well, we are in petoskey.

scott
Is the ice gone up there by then?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I bolted the drives back on tonight and got by props back today as well. With just a little luck we will go out this weekend and check everything out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.