Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   Sydwayz survived the storm. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/261145-sydwayz-survived-storm.html)

ActiveThunder 08-27-2011 06:05 PM

Sydwayz survived the storm.

Just talked to Brian. The generator is running and he is getting ready to fire up the blender.

Hang in there buddy! It looks ugly on TV! :eek:

ACTIVESHACK 08-27-2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 3489843)
Just talked to Brian. The generator is running and he is getting ready to fire up the blender.

Hang in there buddy! It looks ugly on TV! :eek:

According to my neighbors I have still have water over my pier on low tide. Should be way up at 1am at high tide. Power out and generator running. Beautiful here at LOTO today :drink:

ActiveThunder 08-27-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK (Post 3489880)
According to my neighbors I have still have water over my pier on low tide. Should be way up at 1am at high tide. Power out and generator running. Beautiful here at LOTO today :drink:

Man, you didn't even stay to see it? :evilb:

tomtbone1993 08-27-2011 07:56 PM

glad he is OK

t500hps 08-27-2011 08:57 PM

I too am running on generator power just 15-20 miles from Brian.......even though I lost an entire tree in the front yard this hasn't been as bad as Isabel in 2003. River flooding (right around the corner from Activeshacks) so far has been much less as well. Tonight will tell, or rather tomorrow when I get down there will.

ActiveThunder 08-27-2011 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 3489944)
I too am running on generator power just 15-20 miles from Brian.......even though I lost an entire tree in the front yard this hasn't been as bad as Isabel in 2003. River flooding (right around the corner from Activeshacks) so far has been much less as well. Tonight will tell, or rather tomorrow when I get down there will.

New moon doesn't help you guys at all!

Sydwayz 08-27-2011 09:47 PM

It's been an eventful day. Pool overflowed, and I had to tackle wthe solar cover as it floated/blew across the yard. MS got stranded this afternoon on the other side of downed trees about 1/4 mile from the house; had to clear them out of the way.

Just got in from having the bejeezus scared out of me. There were about 5 cars trapped on our road between downed trees. I have no idea why they were out there. I was clearing the second tree, and just barerly heard the cracking of a third, about 14" in diameter, as it fell about 15 feet from me. Made one lane passable, and got the hell out of there. Bud Light Lime is a great tranquilizer!

OCDACTIVE 08-28-2011 06:12 AM

Glad to hear you are ok! Just starting here but not supposed to be near as bad as what you went through. All our best to you all!

rchevelle71 08-28-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 3489966)
It's been an eventful day. Pool overflowed, and I had to tackle wthe solar cover as it floated/blew across the yard. MS got stranded this afternoon on the other side of downed trees about 1/4 mile from the house; had to clear them out of the way.

Just got in from having the bejeezus scared out of me. There were about 5 cars trapped on our road between downed trees. I have no idea why they were out there. I was clearing the second tree, and just barerly heard the cracking of a third, about 14" in diameter, as it fell about 15 feet from me. Made one lane passable, and got the hell out of there. Bud Light Lime is a great tranquilizer!

Glad your OK Brian, try adding a Lime to a Miller light, thats my regular:drink:

Roger 1 08-28-2011 03:59 PM

Glad to hear that you are ok Brian. Rescuing a damsel in distress because of downed trees gets you two punches on your man card! If you used a chainsaw you get three.......five if you used an ax!:ernaehrung004:

BGIII 08-28-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roger 1 (Post 3490360)
Glad to hear that you are ok Brian. Rescuing a damsel in distress because of downed trees gets you two punches on your man card! If you used a chainsaw you get three.......five if you used an ax!:ernaehrung004:

And 3 more if she expressed her gratitude appropriately. LOL

Sydwayz 08-29-2011 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by BGIII (Post 3490406)
And 3 more if she expressed her gratitude appropriately. LOL

Probably at a -15 right now then. :D

I swear, if I kick the bucket this week, it will be on that same stretch of road. I went back out with the chainsaw yesterday morning to clear both lanes. Some idiot nut job came around the blind sweeping corner doing about 60. He locked his POS Lumina up when he saw me and the tree. He was sitting at a 45 degree angle, with me staring at the whites of his eyes when he came to a stop.

outriggers 08-29-2011 11:45 AM

Still no power, on the generator. If the power stays out another day I'll have to think about putting fuel in it. (diesel)

Spicy 08-29-2011 11:49 AM

Lost power for 24 hours, lost a tree in the backyard as well....

R Addiction 08-29-2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by outriggers (Post 3490918)
Still no power, on the generator. If the power stays out another day I'll have to think about putting fuel in it. (diesel)

Doug, How are things? Power back on yet? We had a pretty uneventful weekend, a little water in the basement.

Gladhe8er 08-30-2011 09:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics from my Dad's bar. I was operating the storm ferry getting people in and out of the place by boat. I even made our town's online newpaper. Notice in the one pic there is a green canoe parked at the front of teh building. Nobody has ever showed up by boat to the FRONT of the building!

R Addiction 08-30-2011 09:13 AM

Great shots Pete. Hope your Dads bar didn't get to much damage.

Gladhe8er 08-30-2011 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by R Addiction (Post 3491667)
Great shots Pete. Hope your Dads bar didn't get to much damage.

None. If it got inside the building it would have been a disaster. It was probably 6 inches away from getting in on the backside of the building(its built on a barge that tilts towards the water so it was probably 18" from geting in the front door)

outriggers 08-31-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by R Addiction (Post 3491440)
Doug, How are things? Power back on yet? We had a pretty uneventful weekend, a little water in the basement.

John, No Power yet, day 4. There is a pole down about a 1/2 mile away. They have the road blocked, they aren't hot. I can see the fuses popped at the end of road. Thats way to close for comfort Pete. Doug

REMEDY 08-31-2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by outriggers (Post 3492822)
John, No Power yet, day 4. There is a pole down about a 1/2 mile away. They have the road blocked, they aren't hot. I can see the fuses popped at the end of road. Thats way to close for comfort Pete. Doug

Wow!! 4 days!! That's gotta be getting old. You still on generator?

R Addiction 09-01-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by outriggers (Post 3492822)

That sucks Doug. Any news on the boat? Not sure if I asked you this since Jammin'. Keep in touch.

ACTIVESHACK 09-01-2011 11:11 AM

I just got power back last night and cable this morning. Luckily we didn't get the tide surge like we have in the past. Only had about 15" of water over the pier.

Sydwayz 09-01-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK (Post 3493826)
I just got power back last night and cable this morning. Luckily we didn't get the tide surge like we have in the past. Only had about 15" of water over the pier.

Good to hear. We got ours back after 3 days. I've got one tree that is leaning away from the Toy Box; which I'll probably have to take out this weekend.