Notices

37 A/T Cabin

Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37 A/T Cabin

I've been reading through the A/T forums about the 37. Sounds like an awesome overall boat. I recently sold a 2002 Baja 302 with HO's and will be looking into the 38 foot range within the next year. Short list is a Top Gun, a 37 A/T and maybe a 38 Donzi. My wife and I boat on Lake Erie around the islands and usually overnight on the boat, sometimes 3 and 4 nights at a time. Question is, how is the cabin in the 37? I'm 6'2 and was wondering if I could sleep in the forward v-berth. Also, thoughts when compared to the other two boats listed.

Phil
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6'2" and could sleep on my 28 if need be(I never have). I think the 37 footers V-berth is at least a foot longer.

You have center and side entry options on the 37. There are advantages to both, but I will leave those comments up to those that own them.

The 38 Donzi is going to be the smallest of the 3 boats you listed. The other 2 are probably comparable as far as cabin siz goes.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Gladhe8er, thanks for the info. I really like the side entry of the 37. We would use the cabin on almost every trip to Put in Bay, so that's why i'm leaning towards Active Thunder. I need a good ride in the rough as we'll be crossing from Toledo most of the time, and most on here say the A/T is as good if not better than the Top Gun. IMHO i'd say that's making a statement!

Phil
Old 09-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got home from spending two nights on my 37 A/T. I am 6' 6" and sleep fine on mine. I'm sure others will chime in.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Registered

No where near 6 foot but we have two kids 9 and 12 and boat with them alot overnight and extended trips. Storage is key in the boat, plenty for everyone's stuff. We moved from a 36 baja, no more extra bags laying around all gear is stored.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kick3pts
Gladhe8er, thanks for the info. I really like the side entry of the 37. We would use the cabin on almost every trip to Put in Bay, so that's why i'm leaning towards Active Thunder. I need a good ride in the rough as we'll be crossing from Toledo most of the time, and most on here say the A/T is as good if not better than the Top Gun. IMHO i'd say that's making a statement!

Phil
HA! You want a good ride in the rough stuff, fly down to Pampano and let Pat take you for one of his infamous sea trials.

I did the same with my boat for the new owner on a very rough lower Chesapeake Bay and it sold that day!

Your short list is the same as mine was sans the Donzi. Which Donzi are you considering btw? I assume the ZX because the ZR is a BIG boat and not really comparable to the AT or Cig. The ZX will have the smallest cabin of the three.

I chose the AT because of the cabin. Hands down, it is the boat for you if you plan to use it as much as you say.

There are some nice used ones for sale if you want to save some coin. Good luck!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only others I would add to your list to consider are the 38 PP (although rare) and the 37 OL. Both have tall and roomy cabins. You would have no problem sleeping in the OL. The 37 OL came in both seating/entrance configurations too... although I think the side entrance configuration is more common. It's a large boat for its size.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered
Gold Member

That sea trial does sound awesome! We are looking at a used one at this point, mid 2000 year range. I've done a couple local poker runs and plan to travel around more to some of the popular places. I'll be stationed in Phoenix next year and while i'm out there would like to do Desert Storm.

Macklin, I was already leaning towards A/T for the legendary ride that everyone talks about. Just wanted to know more about the cabins. Seems like they are gonna be more than enough for us at this point.

Thanks for the comments!

Phil
Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SS930
The only others I would add to your list to consider are the 38 PP (although rare) and the 37 OL. Both have tall and roomy cabins. You would have no problem sleeping in the OL. The 37 OL came in both seating/entrance configurations too... although I think the side entrance configuration is more common. It's a large boat for its size.
I'll take a look at those boats. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered

Just spent 3 nites in our 32 active thunder tons of room big v berth and the active thunders are second to none in rough water and quality as well as a fast hull. 37 is much bigger than my 32 so you should be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.