Update to 32 Build (Pic Heavy) >

Update to 32 Build (Pic Heavy)

Notices

Update to 32 Build (Pic Heavy)

Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update to 32 Build (Pic Heavy)

Well it was an eventful weekend. Exhausting so Ill start with the top. Got off Friday around 1:30 and headed down to tfarmer's shop to finish the starboard motor. Pulled it with my 6.5 that I just rebuilt the trans myself and pulled in the shop with the ground full of trans fluid. Got it a little hot So my weekend was already full. Put the truck on the rack to fix later. Installed the motor, got it running around 9 that night and tore the transmission out of my truck. Pulled the pump out and I guess the line pressure got so high, it blew the high pressure valve out. Got lucky and all the parts were in the pan. By this time it was 3AM Saturday morning so I just slept in the boat locked in the shop lol. Put it all back together and had it pulling by noon Saturday. Cleaned everything up and we got on the water Sunday. I really think I beat a world record or something. Here are some pics and videos. All in all, the boat ran amazing. Had to keep adding timing but eventually got it right. We just ran locked timing and its spot on. By time Sunday was over, I was seeing things I was so tired.

Essentials for any motor build, car seat kept it safe.

Sleeping in the boat

Awesome pic Tfarmer's little lady took of me heading home from the long weekend at the shop

Video, Click to see

Last edited by matthewr; 04-22-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Registered

awesome ! cant wait till june to be up there and hopefully run with you guys ....
Old 04-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You def ran a race to get it all done. It's worth every bit of what you put in it. I love that old 32. I hope I connect with the 37 like I
did with yours.
I tried to post a video on here but didn't work because it was Joshes post. It wouldn't paste the link.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:05 AM
mgh
Registered

boat sounds good!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Registered

I notice you have the drive on with the motor out. Do you have enough space in that engine compartment to move the engine forward and let the shaft come out of the coupler and lift right out? If so thats bad a$$!!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMChevytech
I notice you have the drive on with the motor out. Do you have enough space in that engine compartment to move the engine forward and let the shaft come out of the coupler and lift right out? If so thats bad a$$!!
Yes there is room to do that. You can add transmissions and still have room. AT rocks!
Iv'e pulled both the engines and had the hatch back on in less than one hour. I can do it on my lunch break.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Registered

Yup. Its super easy. Alignment was good so I went with stabbing the motor in while the drive was on still.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Registered

Thats cool! One less step to worry about!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Good Stuff! Boat and engines look great. Always liked that 32 you have.

How many power bars and bottles of muscle milk did you go thru during this project?!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I had a ounce of y'alls mechanical knowledge!!! Instal boat motors "check" pull and repair trucks transmission "check" few seconds of sleep, hook up boat, run to the lake the next morning, all running great "check"..... Amazing!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.