So what is YOUR opinion.... >

So what is YOUR opinion....

Notices

So what is YOUR opinion....

Old 05-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default So what is YOUR opinion....

I dug this up from 2002. I found it to be interesting. I listened then and I will listen now.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...ronly-com.html
Old 05-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I respect you more for participating. More builders should devote time like you. Some may think it is childish and a waste of time but no matter how stupid this whole internet thing is it is a good tool for marketing. And keeping current owners and future owners involved and informed. Or keeping azzholes like me with no "Jesus" to look up to learning new things about other boats out there.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I respect you more for participating.
this
Old 05-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to see the owner of the company on here giving advice, opionions, and promoting his product!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Registered

i agree ^
Old 05-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pat,

I do not currently own an AT, never have... having said that one of the things that I really like about AT is the way you guys have made yourself available to everyone. For me, I will be looking very hard for an AT when it is my time to move up.

Not everyone is going to agree with your opinion on things or mine for that matter but that doesn't mean you should stop expressing yourself. You are an industry leader and I for one would like to see more industry leaders/experts putting themselves "out there" adding thier opinions to these discussions.
The way I see it one of the reasons that Fountian was successful for so long is that agree with him or Reggie put himself "out there". I respect that! and I think others do too.

Like Summerflysby said on a different thread, "there are a lot of good boats out there" yours is one of them. Keep doing what you do.

my .02
Old 05-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 4,235 Likes on 1,216 Posts

When I bought my first boat , that happened to be an AT. Being a new boater I asked a question about the kill switch. It did not have a lanyard attached and I wasn`t sure what it was for. Dumb question I know... Be that as it may your reply was to `take it for a run and flip the switch to see what happens'.

My point is if you wanna be just another ding dong smart ass member you should change your handle, then that answer would be fine, starting threads to poke fun at other manufacturers would be fine, poking fun at members old boats would be fine (sorry mid 80`s boat is all I can pull off, my dad had to escape Communist Czechoslovakia in the 80`s I`m first generation here trying to make a go of it, I know cry me a river)

My personal expectation of a "Builder" would be to help, (I recall you being quite absent in threads where I needed real help). let their product speak for itself and lastly be professional.

I.E. I don`t post the same stuff on my companies Facebook page as I do on my own Page and I NEVER comment on other companies or brands, I let my work do the talking.

just my .02
Old 05-31-2013, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
When I bought my first boat , that happened to be an AT. Being a new boater I asked a question about the kill switch. It did not have a lanyard attached and I wasn`t sure what it was for. Dumb question I know... Be that as it may your reply was to `take it for a run and flip the switch to see what happens'.
I believe this was your post:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...t-tantrum.html

Thought I was answering questions for you an still having a bit of fun doing it. At the time you had a much more attractive avatar I believe. I am not quite sure if there is an easier way to see if a kill switch is functional. Let me know if there is another manufacturer out there answering questions in a forum.

I enjoy my job.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I believe this was your post:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...t-tantrum.html

Thought I was answering questions for you an still having a bit of fun doing it. At the time you had a much more attractive avatar I believe. I am not quite sure if there is an easier way to see if a kill switch is functional. Let me know if there is another manufacturer out there answering questions in a forum.

I enjoy my job.
your response should be the same as if were hanging out. Customer relations is based on your personality. I'm the same person at my shop with my customers as I am with my friends,(wise arse). 100% of my customers keep coming back because of it, more so than the work itself.
It's great your so involved.I couldn't believe you took the time to respond to me when I first got my Tantrum last year. 15 years after you built it! Total game changer of my opinion of the boat I purchased."Exactly Like Nothing Else" Ive ever owned.haha
all manufactures should be involved in this site under their specific discussion section .

Last edited by carrera1; 05-31-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

I think it's amazing Pat even logs onto this forum and discusses his Company. I dont know of a single owner that does this. This is why he builds amazing boats, he listens to everyone and incorporates ideas into his boats. Good job Pat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.