Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Ran the 33 at Lake Cumberlnad Poker Run. Boat is awesome!!!!!! >

Ran the 33 at Lake Cumberlnad Poker Run. Boat is awesome!!!!!!

Notices

Ran the 33 at Lake Cumberlnad Poker Run. Boat is awesome!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Go Pro video DOES NOT do waves justice. I have not watched this video yet but I am amazed at what my Go Pro tames down. Just think about how amazing the image stabilization alone is?

We had 2 Go Pro and one High End Digital Camcorder on the Thursday Boyne Thunder fun run. True Lake Michigan 3-5's. It was so rough a 47 Fountain's fridge door broke completely off. Multiple other boats broke parts. My radio came loose. The hand held video is worthless, makes you dizzy, and goes from the sky to the floor of the boat! LOL! The go Pro makes it look like 1' inland lake chop! The rear camera shows my mini roost every time my props re enter but it still does not do it justice.

Confused wake chop on Cumberland does take a good boat and driver to go through at speed. Still not boat breaking like the Great Lakes can produce! But luckily this is the first thread in history we all agree on that!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by TDSTYG
Ya there is I will post it as soon as I figure out this go pro. The only fountain you will see in the video is a 42 cause anything less couldn't keep up in that section of the lake
oooooohhh ok...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbH9Qdp7C8w

Last edited by boatnt; 09-12-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why wouldnt the fountain pull on the pantera tom? its 3 foot less boat to push!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Go Pro video DOES NOT do waves justice. I have not watched this video yet but I am amazed at what my Go Pro tames down. Just think about how amazing the image stabilization alone is?

We had 2 Go Pro and one High End Digital Camcorder on the Thursday Boyne Thunder fun run. True Lake Michigan 3-5's. It was so rough a 47 Fountain's fridge door broke completely off. Multiple other boats broke parts. My radio came loose. The hand held video is worthless, makes you dizzy, and goes from the sky to the floor of the boat! LOL! The go Pro makes it look like 1' inland lake chop! The rear camera shows my mini roost every time my props re enter but it still does not do it justice.

Confused wake chop on Cumberland does take a good boat and driver to go through at speed. Still not boat breaking like the Great Lakes can produce! But luckily this is the first thread in history we all agree on that!
Weird that the GoPro does that, but I agree totally. This vid was on the way back from Key West with Pat at the wheel in 4-6s off Miami. Other than the fact that we were getting soaked, you can't really tell from the vid that in some cases we were in troughs that were taller than us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOQPL8SBbco
Old 09-13-2013, 06:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Scared to wave at a bunch of Hot Nuns in fear of breaking a few commandments!

Your boat was looking good running out there though and we look forward to running with ya more next summer!
The nuns in action.... we wore the goggles to keep the habits on lol...

Also, kudos to my Captain that weekend for tethering up... always good to see!!!
Attached Thumbnails Ran the 33 at Lake Cumberlnad Poker Run. Boat is awesome!!!!!!-2013-07-13-09.22.22.jpg   Ran the 33 at Lake Cumberlnad Poker Run. Boat is awesome!!!!!!-2013-07-13-09.23.10.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Registered

We had a friend from the Jersey Shore come to the Raft Off, on Sunday we all ran down to the Detroit River to the Bridge. When we were at dinner we were asking them how our water compared to the Ocean. He said the Ocean is a lot smoother, contrary to what he thought before he ran his boat here. He did get a real good flushing of any salt water that was in the boat!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

What was he running John
Old 09-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Registered

25 Outlaw 70 mph boat, and they are great people. They came for the first time to the Lake St Clair Run 2013. They had so much fun they towed 700 miles back for the Raft Off weekend my wife and I put on. Glad they did, made some great memories and friends that weekend!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Good deal! Always good to hear good stories and boating experiences
Old 09-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Gonna be "a little snotty" on Lake Michigan today...we will be waiting until tomorrow! Lol.

CALUMET HARBOR TO GARY-GARY TO BURNS HARBOR-
BURNS HARBOR TO MICHIGAN CITY-
339 AM CDT FRI SEP 13 2013

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT

TODAY
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. A FEW 30 KT GUSTS THROUGH MID
MORNING. SCATTERED SHOWERS...MAINLY THROUGH MID AFTERNOON. SLIGHT
CHANCE OF WATERSPOUTS IN THE MORNING. WAVES 8 TO 11 FT
OCCASIONALLY TO 15 FT.

TONIGHT
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 20 KT BECOMING EAST 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES 5 TO 8 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 12 FT
SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 4 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 6 FT LATE.

SATURDAY
SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KT BECOMING EAST IN THE
AFTERNOON. SUNNY. WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.

SATURDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KT BECOMING SOUTH FROM
LATE EVENING ON. BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.