Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Just bought 37 Active Thunder Triple and have some questions (NEWBIE to Forum) >

Just bought 37 Active Thunder Triple and have some questions (NEWBIE to Forum)

Notices

Just bought 37 Active Thunder Triple and have some questions (NEWBIE to Forum)

Old 12-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought 37 Active Thunder Triple and have some questions (NEWBIE to Forum)

Hey Guys. New to offshore forum and these types of boats in general. I recently purchased a 1998 37' Active Thunder from down near key west. It has (3) 502 Mags which are lower hour and run great (im sure rough on fuel). Kinda bought the boat on a whim for a reasonable price. Boat needs clear coat (and or paint) and interior work. Im a stand up jet ski guy but thought it looked awesome. Just wanted to ask a couple questions

-Are Active Thunder boats a decent boat?
-any "Active thunder" gurus on the forum here? (i have only heard of scarabs fountains, Outerlimits, etc
-Are they still in business?

Thanks a ton guys, excited to join the forum!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by x2cy
-Are Active Thunder boats a decent boat?
-any "Active thunder" gurus on the forum here? (i have only heard of scarabs fountains, Outerlimits, etc
-Are they still in business?
Yes
Yes
Yes
Old 12-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Congrats on the new ride! Your boat has been talked about on this forum before. I think a few people were interested in it but didn't want to do the paint and interior work. Lets see some new pictures of it!!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
Congrats on the new ride! Your boat has been talked about on this forum before. I think a few people were interested in it but didn't want to do the paint and interior work. Lets see some new pictures of it!!
Ya, i just did some research and there was a few threads about it. Its sad it was let go but the owner was awesome and let me have it for a real deal which will at least allow me to sink some money in. I will post pics

Is the reason for the third motor only the power?? Seems like just more weight and maintance. Maybe just cool factor i guess
Old 12-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered

AT's are awesome boats . there are many AT gurus on here including the builder himself . there has been a lot of conversing about that boat on here .i even considered it at one point .
Old 12-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn buddy, that's a hell of a boat to buy without being sure it's a good boat. But lucky for you, they are fantastic!

FYI, intro threads get locked without pics
Old 12-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
Damn buddy, that's a hell of a boat to buy without being sure it's a good boat. But lucky for you, they are fantastic!

FYI, intro threads get locked without pics

Definitely Happy with it and yes, there is a bunch of risk involved forsure. It looked decent enough when we checked it out and it ran good on the trailer. But it has sat quite a while so im sure there will be surprises..

Old 12-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh yes, buying a used boat is always full of surprises. Two years later I'm still finding surprises in mine but it turns out well when you know you've gone through it completely and know it was all done right. I would highly suggest paying a top quality mechanic to go over the engines and drives completely to make sure they address everything. It's amazing how little things can turn in to big money. Best to start out right with some peace of mind.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Registered

Congrats.

Will it stay on a salt diet.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LOTOWONTOPGUN
Congrats.

Will it stay on a salt diet.

Nope. Coming home to Lake Huron fresh water, (Ontario, Canada) .. Owner said he ALWAYS washed everything down after running it.........im taking it all right apart right away..lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.