Bilge pump in the step... >

Bilge pump in the step...

Notices

Bilge pump in the step...

Old 07-30-2014, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
IIRC, your boat has Corian steps doesn't it John? I believe the top step would have to be pulled up.

Or, do you have an access panel in the head that faces the entry steps? A few boats had these.
Yes, it has the Corian steps. There is no access panel in head that faces the steps...only the panel to behind the helm and to the holding tank.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Jluloff
Yes, it has the Corian steps. There is no access panel in head that faces the steps...only the panel to behind the helm and to the holding tank.
I think you are going to have to pull up the top step. Pat should confirm.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 509 SC
Ok, I need to educate myself on this too! Does the bilge pump have it's own thru hull out the side of the boat? I've never gotten any water in there that I know of, I guess you'ld have to run the air for more than 10 minutes to collect anything from the condensate. So the switch in the galley for the pressurized water system also activates the bilge, correcto?
Whatever you do.....Don't leave the bilge pump switch on.....
Old 08-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Turn on the switch at the galley panel that says "water pump". Dump some water in the shower and let me know how it goes.
Hello Pat,

Well, what happened was the bilge pump started pumping out the water......I appreciate your help educating me on how it worked!

Thank you!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Son of a beach. I get it right every now and then.......

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Hello Pat,

Well, what happened was the bilge pump started pumping out the water......I appreciate your help educating me on how it worked!

Thank you!
Old 08-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Mine did the SAME DAMN THING! Wow!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 4,318 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Mike I noticed water getting pumped out the side by the step while at the races yesterday. You wouldn't have this issue if you just stuck to Sailor Jerry's!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey ICE, I notice your boat is listed as a 38 flat deck but your avatar looks like the 42 DDeck pleasure version. Confused ?!?
Old 08-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Mike I noticed water getting pumped out the side by the step while at the races yesterday. You wouldn't have this issue if you just stuck to Sailor Jerry's!
Actually, I was running the water pump and emptying my water tank in the shower...so what you saw WAS, in fact, the bilge pump in discussion on this thread! The condensation from my a/c unit is leaving a funky smell (like sulfur or rotting eggs) in the cabin when I run the boat after the a/c has been on all night. I was basically flushing out the whole area under the step, but I'm thinking my a/c unit has a nasty filter or something that might have to get changed.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 4,318 Likes on 1,241 Posts

The condensation from a A/C unit is clean water... different than the lake water the A/C uses to cool down the condenser (probably knew that) Id say there might be something in the step that its mixing with to cause that water to smell. Ive used some fresh smelling apple dishwashing detergent from the dollar store to make my bilge smell pretty , throw a bottle in the shower!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.