Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the answer is 112
Old 12-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
How fast?

How does it handle?
Customryder I think was his screen name some time ago had an 09 whippled and before I bought the one I have I flew out to test run it and I'm thinking he advertised it at 105 I spanked it and was up 90-95 very quick but I was not experienced enough to see what it had beyond that
Old 12-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
Customryder I think was his screen name some time ago had an 09 whippled and before I bought the one I have I flew out to test run it and I'm thinking he advertised it at 105 I spanked it and was up 90-95 very quick but I was not experienced enough to see what it had beyond that
Welcome to the cult bones. Seeing as how you/re running on the great lakes. I'm glad you named her "thunder" and not "the edmund fitzgerald 2"
Old 01-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The previous owner of Customryder's 37, claimed the boat turned 112 at one point. But no one ever verified. (red/silver)
The owner after Customryder was my neighbor, and only cranked it up over 100 a couple times.
That boat is now in South America.

Lazlo's boat with 525EFI & Whipples was around 105mph or so when Docmanrich originally rigged it and it still had XRs. He went to BMAX drives which never really worked right on the boat. I look forward to what it does when fully dialed in with the Arnesons.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe James is your neighbor? Seemed like a nice guy. I was contemplating his boat prior to him selling it to the guy in Chile.

Talked to Laz a bit about his. Was just looking for some more input.

Might put some SCXs on mine now and Whipples next winter. Worried about how the hull will be at speed. Spoke with Pat amd he said there are some bottom tweaks to help it if it needs it.

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
The previous owner of Customryder's 37, claimed the boat turned 112 at one point. But no one ever verified. (red/silver)
The owner after Customryder was my neighbor, and only cranked it up over 100 a couple times.
That boat is now in South America.

Lazlo's boat with 525EFI & Whipples was around 105mph or so when Docmanrich originally rigged it and it still had XRs. He went to BMAX drives which never really worked right on the boat. I look forward to what it does when fully dialed in with the Arnesons.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:03 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The faster you make the boat go, the more the boat wants to lift the transom out of the water. It's a very efficient hull.
That's why the step was shortened on the boats that got bigger than 525s originally. Pat can guide you through that tweaking if needed. It's not a big deal, basically consists of beveling off the back of the step a bit. What's convenient is the bottom of the boat is solid fiberglass, no coring. That means bevel, and re-gelcoat and you are done.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have not been on for a while been pretty busy.

The whipple 525 runs very strong and in the 105 range +/- with a Bravo XR setup from Billet Marine.

Handling you ask ? Wonderful just need to get your props dialed in and its a beast. That is the Key...

I switched over to the Arneson set up and will be running it this spring so will update on that later.

If your looking for the correct props they are sitting on my shelf in the shop very Kustom pieces if interested p.m. me.