Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   29' Defiant Outboard Open - pics? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/339070-29-defiant-outboard-open-pics.html)

ghabeck 07-08-2016 01:12 PM

29' Defiant Outboard Open - pics?

any progress pics you can share on the new 29' defiant ??

hey pat- told ya my brother would want one- how's it coming along??

ActiveThunder 07-09-2016 09:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Ironically I just took some pictures and sent them to him this morning. I have been quiet about this since the project is taking time to complete. I didn't want to put anything out there until we were about 30 days away of the debut.

Since the tooling for the basic boat was complete we had to go back and design and build the dash pods from scratch as well as storage boxes for the front seating and the enclosed head. Also, even though we had made molds for the back seats of the 33, the cockpit seat molds required modifications for the 29 due to the fiberglass cockpit liner's size.

Here's a couple of teasers for you.

Originally Posted by ghabeck (Post 4457420)
any progress pics you can share on the new 29' defiant ??

hey pat- told ya my brother would want one- how's it coming along??

trex232 07-11-2016 12:14 PM

Nice

509 SC 07-11-2016 09:24 PM

First picture; anchor locker, secondary cooler or stripper pole base plate?

JUPITER PULSARE 07-13-2016 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 4457644)
Ironically I just took some pictures and sent them to him this morning. I have been quiet about this since the project is taking time to complete. I didn't want to put anything out there until we were about 30 days away of the debut.

Since the tooling for the basic boat was complete we had to go back and design and build the dash pods from scratch as well as storage boxes for the front seating and the enclosed head. Also, even though we had made molds for the back seats of the 33, the cockpit seat molds required modifications for the 29 due to the fiberglass cockpit liner's size.

Looks awesome Pat. Game changing boat right there!!

Captain YARRR 07-13-2016 06:27 PM

That's pretty sweet. Looking forward to seeing the finished product out there.

ghabeck 07-18-2016 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE (Post 4459331)
Looks awesome Pat. Game changing boat right there!!

agreed- nothing else like it ( exactly like nothing else, I mean )
can't wait for the boat test- the one when I am in it that is

Nate5.0 07-22-2016 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 4457644)

I need one of these damnit

AZMIDLYF 07-22-2016 12:38 PM

Heavier or same weight as Savage? Rated for 600hp in outboards? How would the balance be with 400Rs?

ActiveThunder 07-22-2016 03:51 PM

The one I am currently building has 350 Verados. The engines all weigh about the same.

I haven't weighted it yet. However it should be close.

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF (Post 4462522)
Heavier or same weight as Savage? Rated for 600hp in outboards? How would the balance be with 400Rs?