Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   share your winter upgrades, it's too quiet on here!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/343957-share-your-winter-upgrades-its-too-quiet-here.html)

Dahlilama 01-16-2017 08:17 AM

share your winter upgrades, it's too quiet on here!!!

It's been to quiet in the AT forum. Anyone doing anything exciting for next season? I got a chart plotter I will be building into the dash. 7 inch simrad touch screen. And my motor needed a refresh. It was a 468 with BDS 871 blower. Well long story short is....it's getting a stroker crank and some more goodies. Motor builder says it will be a 496 when it's all done. Hoping for 800 or more horsepower. It's a 98 25 foot tantrum

Pwraddr 01-16-2017 09:12 AM

Not much this winter.

- Drives opened and inspected, were fresh last spring.
- Removed fridge, installing a matching door like what's already in the boat for storage (awesome or put a duffle bag and then some in the space)
- Add 2 more speakers if it doesn't sell quickly in the spring.

mountainmadness 01-16-2017 06:59 PM

Gonna charge the batteries :)

TooLateVTEC 01-17-2017 01:47 PM

Hopefully new dash panels and new gauges, going to change the shifter handles from purple to silver metallic.

Im trying to get rid of all this GD purple.

Rookie 01-17-2017 08:45 PM

Return to tank fuel pressure regulators and LED lighting.
I did enough over last summer... lol

Dahlilama 01-26-2017 01:49 PM

Well I guess I'm a little jealous that people are doing the "fun" stuff. I dont even have a radio yet. I guess new motor is fun. I'm broke!!!!!

toyboat991 03-11-2017 12:44 PM

Would love to see some before and after pics. I too want to redo my dash. Trying how to fit a 7" screen . Gonna be kinda tight. I have a Savage, thinking about a 5" screen

Dahlilama 03-12-2017 01:40 AM

I'm hoping I can make it work. Going to get rid of my gaffrig GPS speedo I think. It doesn't work and the plotter should display speed. I'm going to move some gauges to the port/passenger side if I have to. I don't think I really NEED to have my boost gauge on my side. The other ones are important. I'll post pics when it's done. Going to be a few months since we have 15+ inches of snow coming on Tuesday

rssteiny 03-12-2017 05:50 PM

Charge batteries and run it if it dont sell by may

laszlo01 03-13-2017 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Pwraddr (Post 4519938)
Not much this winter.

- Drives opened and inspected, were fresh last spring.
- Removed fridge, installing a matching door like what's already in the boat for storage (awesome or put a duffle bag and then some in the space)
- Add 2 more speakers if it doesn't sell quickly in the spring.

Who is doing the door for you ? Local ?