Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Tantrum owners, anyone have a full boat cover? >

Tantrum owners, anyone have a full boat cover?

Notices

Tantrum owners, anyone have a full boat cover?

Old 08-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tantrum owners, anyone have a full boat cover?

either going to do a car port type of thing or thinking of doing an entire boat cover. Anyone have a cover? I'm assuming they are custom made or does anyone know of one from a production boat that would fit that I could just order? Any idea where to start shopping and what cost would be about?
Old 08-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Buy my Tantrum for $25k and it comes with full cover
Old 08-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Registered

Oh I don't need another one!!! It's august and I finally made it out on the water for a trial run on Saturday with the new motor. I could use yours as a back up!!!!! Have you mentioned it on Facebook. I think it was in "active thunder the cult" that someone was looking for a tantrum recently
Old 08-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're not going to tow with the cover on, go to iboats and pick out the closest Baja model to your Tantrum, and buy that cover. They make so many that the price is 30% what a custom cover costs. A 30' Outlaw cover fits my 28 AT (including swim step) pretty good.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:52 PM
Registered

I just found nationalboatcovers.com. You order the cover by inputting your make and model and year and they actually have my boat in the drop down menus. Prices from 370 and up. One of the pictures shows how to measure the centerline tho so I'm not sure if it actually made to fit my boat exactly or not. Says they are trailerable. Now I can't decide if I should just suck it up and do the metal carport or not. If I do the cover which is less than 1/6th the price I still need to have it shrink wrapped every year. If I do the carport I can just leave the cockpit cover on all winter
Old 10-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one on mine that I bought from national boat covers in June it fits ok I wouldn't trailer it if you want shoot me a text and ill send you a few pics 978 490 4139
Old 10-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also bought one from National boat covers for my 28-foot Savage. I think it fits very nice and I have trailered it locally with no problems at all.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Registered

Thanks guys. I decided against the full cover. Instead got 2 tri-axle loads of item 4 to level a spot in the yard and waiting on my 12x31 metal car port.