Thoughts on this 2001 AT 37 >

Thoughts on this 2001 AT 37

Notices

Thoughts on this 2001 AT 37

Old 09-22-2023, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on this 2001 AT 37

I've visited this site for years and recently finally joined.

A few hours south from me is this 37. I've gone through most posts in the AT section covering the last 3yrs trying to find info on this boat with only a few references.

I'm looking for everyone's thoughts, concerns or history on this boat.

I posted addresses below because of being new and cant use hyperlinks

Mostly only found the below thread:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...y-unicorn.html
#10, from the same thread
Originally Posted by R Addiction
That one raced in apba for a few years. I remember it coming back in with major issues on one of the drives.....busted off I think
Transom Damage?

and BUP wrote:
Originally Posted by BUP
I always remembered that boat and thought, I would like to measure the set backs because they looked very long . Also wonder about the center of balance because that's a lot weight back there and the further the drives moved back - moves the balance even further back. Anyways just saying
This thread and #4 Posts looks to be the owner:
hwww.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/370744-any-active-thunder-37s-sale.html
Originally Posted by atlas5545
i have a 2001 active thunder
with new 572's and #6 drives on setback boxes like new cheap call 727 4555555 ty bob
My main searches revolved around ONLY boats with #6 drives searching the 37' AT's, 38' CIG's and 42' Fountains.

This is the only AT I've seen with extension boxes so that's another concern. Though, wouldn't the added length shift the COG for the good to the AFT in these hulls. Referencing issues I've heard and read here with big power and getting the rear of the hull loose at high speed? Or plus, any added issues if one of the posters above were correct and had a broken drive, could it have internal damage to the transom or issues with the added leverage with extensions on?

I would look at running it as currently rigged to work out issues and then repower with fresh 650 to 700 hp NA engines.

www.powerboatlistings.com/view/60146
http://www.popsells.com/high-perform...rida-r3-208475
http://www.facebook.com/marketplace/...e-63934d510da2

For those that don't face book:
2001 Active Thunder 37, with triple axle trailer, overall length is 37 foot, fresh twin 700hp (1400hp total) 572 Merlin Marine tall decks under 25 hours total since rebuild, 1050 dominators, UEI distributors, stainless exhaust, mated to #6 drives with set back boxes, stainless race props, blue and white painted graphics, race numbers are vinyl can be easily removed, killer sound system and nice interior seats 5 comfortably, this boat was not built with much of a cabin area below just bench seating it is fitted to be super solid for going really fast, this boat breaks necks and cashes checks! Includes aluminum triple axle trailer that was freshly refitted with 3 new axles (hub to hub), 6 new rims and tires, wiring/lights. Have more pics and videos. Asking $73,000.00 or best offer. Open to trades for a center console boat of equal value. Sits on a lift so can be fired up and splashed anytime for serious buyers must have cash in hand or trade ready to go, no joy rides!

Thank you all for any info or clarification.

Last edited by CAGE2592; 09-22-2023 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

The #6 boat (Outlaw) just sold last month.
Old 09-23-2023, 09:21 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Like was said, the boat you are referencing had been for sale for years, and just recently sold.

There are a few 32's (mine being one) and a couple 37AVH's that had extension boxes. If I remember correctly, Pat, the owner of AT, said the ext boxes really didn't add any benefit on the 37.
Old 09-24-2023, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both for your reply. I've enjoyed reading through many of post from both of you and learning a lot about AT. Id be curious if the new owner posts up in this forum and hear what a survey said or what they found for issues. The more I read about AT, the more reason its at the top of my list.
Old 09-25-2023, 01:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I've only seen the new owner post on the Active Thunder FB page. Not sure if he is or ever has been on OSO. From what he posted on FB, this is his first go fast boat.
Old 09-25-2023, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I've only seen the new owner post on the Active Thunder FB page. Not sure if he is or ever has been on OSO. From what he posted on FB, this is his first go fast boat.
He's the second to the last post on the thread below this one.

Fastest 37??
The following users liked this post:
Griff (09-25-2023)