Notices

troubled 37

Old 09-07-2004, 08:11 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default troubled 37

My front hatch leaks when boat is in the water and it rains and puddles up in front of the hatch.the 525's are using about a qt. of oil every 2 hours of running and the oil is very black after about 6-8 hrs.too.it also has alot of raw fuel in the water too.any ideas?
Old 09-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: troubled 37

Rich, you have an amazing new boat, plagued with a few very stubborn gremlins. It happens. I think very highly of Active Thunder, and hope they are able to take care of the issues. Those engine hatch rams have to go too.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Registered

Do you have any pictures of your 37 ?
Old 09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

H20,
Rich owns this one:

http://www.activethunderboats.com/InStock37.htm
Old 09-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

new boat and already leaking problems

donz jr mike
Old 09-08-2004, 06:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
My front hatch leaks when boat is in the water and it rains and puddles up in front of the hatch.the 525's are using about a qt. of oil every 2 hours of running and the oil is very black after about 6-8 hrs.too.it also has alot of raw fuel in the water too.any ideas?
Check the rubberized seal around the hatches, make sure they are glued down and relatively even around the hatch, if not use some Gorilla Glue to seal, this is what I did with mine and it worked. The beauty is you have the new deck vs old deck, which basically resolves this problem. As to the motors, they are under warranty, get your dealer to check them out.

BTW nice looking boat, love the paint, good luck, Jeff
Old 09-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

new boat and already leaking problems
Its a hatch not the boat hull, big difference......Hey Doc mine leaked a little too, there was not enough sealant between the hatch and hull, take out the screws and cut away the hatch from the top deck, clean the surface, and apply new 5200 sealant and screw back into place, one problem solved.

Cant help you with the motors problems, thats why I kept my HP500 CARB. motors.

Got your message this weekend tried to call you back but my cell phone was out, we went to the Baltimore Harbor for the weekend.
Next year I have too hook up with you and go to SML,,, I have a place up there and just been using the boat too much to head that way alot.

James
HYPERACTIVE
Old 09-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Rich,
Get a tube of clear 100% pure silicone and put a small bead around the aluminum flange where it meets the deck. That should cure it. Otherwise give it back to Frank and he will take care of it.

The engines seem to all run rich. You might call one of the companies that dial in ECM for some fine-tuning advice.
Pat.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:35 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

PAT thanks for the ideas i just got off the phone with merc since i'm a dealer my merc rep can recalibrate the ecus'. the hatch has already been caulked around the metal rim but still leaks. JAMES nice to hear from you.the hatch is a job in it self so i'll wait until barney paints the boat and puts 6 coats of clear on it for that shine and let him take the hatch off. JASS thanks i think PAT did a good job with the paint i'm just going to make the eye of the storm look 3D and give it a better shine hopefully less waxing i wax it every week or so. PAT i think i've heard more people say what a good looking boat than anyother boat i've ever owned.thanks pat
Old 09-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
PAT thanks for the ideas i just got off the phone with merc since i'm a dealer my merc rep can recalibrate the ecus'. the hatch has already been caulked around the metal rim but still leaks. JAMES nice to hear from you.the hatch is a job in it self so i'll wait until barney paints the boat and puts 6 coats of clear on it for that shine and let him take the hatch off. JASS thanks i think PAT did a good job with the paint i'm just going to make the eye of the storm look 3D and give it a better shine hopefully less waxing i wax it every week or so. PAT i think i've heard more people say what a good looking boat than anyother boat i've ever owned.thanks pat

Docmanrich, you mentioned "Barney" in your post and I saw you were from Lake Anna, Barney painted my Harley a couple of years ago, Tell him I said Hi. Very talented, My bike won just about every show we put it into.
Patrick Dolan

Quick Reply: troubled 37

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.