Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   Watching w/ envy. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/9657-watching-w-envy.html)

buck183 01-08-2002 11:31 PM

Watching w/ envy.

Having just recently purchased my first offshore performance boat(August)and recently started occupying my time here in OSO, you guys have made me jealous. I like to read posts from all of the different owner groups here. I like to learn as much as I can about the hobby I love. Of all the groups that I have been reading yours stands out the most. I have never owned, seen, driven, or ridden in an AT. But listening to you guys talk about them makes me wish I had the money to run out and buy one right now. Anyone feel like a free demo? I enjoy seeing you guys talk about your craft. Keep up the good work making me jealous.

Buck

Red Stripe 01-09-2002 12:02 AM

I hear that buck!!

jafo 01-09-2002 01:30 AM

buck183-
I was a long-time Formula owner and fan- did my homework, watched the reviews and opinions on OSO (especially on this forum)and the magazines, and did some yakkin' with these guys. Damn near bought a Cig Bullet, but........visited the factory and...
PROUD OWNER of an ACTIVE THUNDER 28!
Stick around here, visit the web-site, talk to Pat and Steve, you'll be hooked! ;)

Jassman 01-09-2002 07:30 AM

Thanks Buck, I too did alot of reserch, Have previosly owned good boats (Formula,Fountain,PowerQuest) but wanted something better, something that fits my personality and could take a beating unlike my wallet. I too followed this site, it is a wealth of info, the A.T. co Pat and Steve are as good as it gets, no BS, no sugarcoating nothing, just one fine machine built with top notch materials. I hope someday you too can enjoy a Thunder, have a good year see ya on the water. :D

thunderdan 01-09-2002 08:25 AM

Buck,

Welcome into the wonderful world of offshore powerbaoting. Good Luck with you boat.
We are really just a bunch of good people who like to have a great time. Same as Pat and Steve from Active Thunder. Not only do they build a top notch boat that has standards that will knock your socks off I consider them(Pat and Steve) my friends. Like Jeff said they are no bull****, tell ya like it is people who will always give you a straight answer and steer you in the right direction.

I too did a great amunt of research and this is now my second active thunder. I previously owned a 25 which I traded in and then they sold within a month. They really do have a boat in all different price ranges and sizes. I am willing to give you or anyone else from OSO a ride in the FIRST millenium edition Active Thunder to roll out. The boat is in New Jersey, a bit far from Arizona, or I am sure that Jeff will give you a ride in Mississippi. But remember NO ONE can have my seat in the 90 mph ride. That one is permentatly reserved for my ass. :D :D

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: thunderdan ]

ThunderousDaze 01-09-2002 12:33 PM

buck183 - please go to our web site and fill out the form (build it) and i'll be glad to send you some info and our killer Music Video on our boats! And, again, we thank everyone for their support. This summer, you guys are going to ROCK! Just don't forget lil' old me down here. Visit Our Web Site

KAAMA 01-09-2002 01:03 PM

Buck, when you go to Active Thunder's web-site, be sure to click on "Active Owners" and you'll see the boats of several Active Thunder owner's boats pictured there. While you are there, look for "Mark S" and click on the "video" icon and give it a couple of minutes to download...keep your eyes on the screen and crank up the volume! I'm sure you'll like what you see AND hear. Das MY boat! :) :) :)

thunderdan 01-09-2002 01:56 PM

Kamma,

I love that video clip you got there. Man does your boat sound great, and looks cools also. :D :D

hp500efi 01-09-2002 02:06 PM

Dan, Jassman & AT,

Lets see here. I fly out to NJ, take a ride in Dan's machine, then fly down to see Jassman so that he can take me for a ride JUST to make sure that I didn't miss anything ;) and then fly to Florida to AT to get a tour. WOW that would be a trip. I am sure the boys in Florida would treat me to a ride as well.

Better leave the checkbook at home otherwise I might just buy one of those suckers. :)

Dan, I will keep your invitiation open. Once you get that sweet ride, I will look you up.

Right now a 32 would fit my needs and wallet HOWEVER the 37 AVH I think is worth the wait. We will see.

Jeff

KAAMA 01-09-2002 09:44 PM

Dan, thanks for your compliment...I really love the boat. It turns a lot of heads and I get a lot of thumbs up on it. Those are Stellings tubular DRY headers behind a pair of 540 inch engines. Everyone loves the sound :D ....well, ALMOST everyone. :rolleyes:

buck183 01-09-2002 11:33 PM

thunderdan....I'm actually in Arkansas, so the Mississippi offer may be something worth checking into. :)

ThunderDaze.....I'll take you up on the offer w/ the website. Hate to have you spend time and money on me right now, I probably won't be in the market for at least a couple of years.

KAAMA....I'll check that out.

Hey all, is a 25 AT w/ a HP 500 out of the question? That sounds like something that would work REAL good for me. Probably wouldn't be able to afford anything bigger.

Buck

Remember....Loud pipes save lives!

buck183 01-09-2002 11:47 PM

KAAMA,

Cool video my man. The wife thanks you a lot. She thought she was going to have to get naked tonight. I think you took care of that for her. :)

I'm gonna go look at some used AT's on their site now. You guys have got me cranked!

Buck

thunderdan 01-10-2002 01:15 AM

buck,
give me a call, that same boat a 25 with 500's was my old boat before I moved up. Let me tell you I called it my 80mph spankin machine. It is built like a brick chit house and can take anything you can give it. My # at work is 856-767-5159 if you want to talk. I think that Steve has had a deposit on it for quite some time, but if my boat is not avaliable I know Gordo's one vision, the same boat except he has tweeked his in to do close to 82 is for sale, or Steve I am sure has one for you to look at. I am telling you you can not go wrong with a Thunder. I bought my 25 in 99 traded it in in Sept 01 on my 37 and it sold for 2k less than what I paid for it. ;) :D

Jassman 01-10-2002 07:23 PM

HP 500 and Buck, both you guys are invited along with anyone anytime to come down and take a ride, just call me 228-255-3400 office in house. good luck to you guys :D

buck183 01-10-2002 09:16 PM

HMMMM....lemme think bout that....OK!!!!

Not bad for a guy that's never seen or ridden in an AT huh?

Buck

Give me a beer and a bug light and you've got hours of entertainment.

ScreaminDemon 01-10-2002 09:38 PM

Whats a "Bug Light" anyway?

Jassman 01-11-2002 08:02 AM

ya know, thats one of dem dare tings that come in a can with the big horses on dem, or dem goofy frog commercials, you drink da **** :p thats the yankey version :D

Its a light that hangs on a covered or screened in porch, where the no see um's(knats) are so small that they get through anyways and bite the livin **** out of you, thats where the light comes in, it draws the perpetrators so close that on impact to the light they zap, zzzzzzzz everytime you hear that noise you are to take a sip of your favorite beverage, (CROWN) we got one on our back porch, you gotta love the southern life :D

hp500efi 01-11-2002 02:06 PM

Jassman, your on!, as soon as you get her home.

All you gotta tell me is what is your favorite flavor of Racine Kringle ;). When I come down, I'll bring ya some :)

Jeff

buck183 01-11-2002 07:40 PM

ScreaminDemon,

A Bug Light is also known as a Bug Zapper. Hours of entertainment! LOL

Buck

Remember.......Loud pipes save lives.

Jassman 01-12-2002 12:15 AM

hP500, MY FAVORITE IS APRICOT, BUT THEN A CHERRY'S GOOD TOO :p