NEW V-30 w/ MERC 700/ NXT

Old 03-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I Think The 625 Boat Can Go Past 100mph It's Just Not Controlable
Old 03-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what exactly do you mean uncontrollable, is the hull dangerous or what, why is the boat being produced to exceed 100mph if it has a handling problem?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
what exactly do you mean uncontrollable, is the hull dangerous or what, why is the boat being produced to exceed 100mph if it has a handling problem?
The way Adrenaline set the my V30 up it was not controlable over 100mph. The way I have got it setup now it handles like a dream at 100mph+. Amazing what you learn talking to other riggers...

I think the new V30 with 525's will get close to 100mph...I would be cautious about setup though. I heard that Teague had a "Handful" of boat at 80mph with the new V30...I am starting to see a pattern here...

Jonathan
Old 03-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Registered

Jonathan what are you talking about Teague had no issues with the boat, why don't you try giving him a call and see what he says. There is a transition on the boat at 80 mph but its due to some skag issues Mercury is having with the NXT drive. And confirming this the DCB boat at the trials with twin 700 and NXT drives had the same issues just at a different speed. Mercury has just released a new lower unit for the NXT drive with a deaper skag that also has a larger leading edge, this will take care of all of the issues the boat had transitioning from 79/80 mph. Once the boat passes 80 mph it has no issues whatsoever and climbs right on up to 92 mph. Contrary to your comment Jonathan all the reps of powerboat were very happy with the handling of the Adrenaline boat and the quality of craftsmanship, they though it was very unique and was put togethere very well in all aspects of the review.

And if I remember correctly when I was in your boat it handled with no problems throughout the speed ranges. I don't recall you ever mentioning any issues with the handling at all when I was out there with you in it, no matter what speed it was running at. Also judging by the video of the boat in Florida I would say if it can handle what it was at 90 it shouldn't have any problems handling more conservative conditions at a much higher speed. Also after speaking to some customers of Adrenaline of have run in your boat at high speeds I wouldn't even question the boats capabilities at high speeds.

Anyways the boat did wonderfully at the trials, and if you think otherwise check out powerboat magazine during july and august and read the write up for yourself. Until then its all gossip and rumors, Ill let the facts prove the boats capabilities not the mouths of people on here who have not spoken directly with operators of the boat or the people who have physically been in or seen the boat.

John
Unique Performance West, Inc.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blackedoutf250
Jonathan what are you talking about Teague had no issues with the boat, why don't you try giving him a call and see what he says. There is a transition on the boat at 80 mph but its due to some skag issues Mercury is having with the NXT drive. And confirming this the DCB boat at the trials with twin 700 and NXT drives had the same issues just at a different speed. Mercury has just released a new lower unit for the NXT drive with a deaper skag that also has a larger leading edge, this will take care of all of the issues the boat had transitioning from 79/80 mph. Once the boat passes 80 mph it has no issues whatsoever and climbs right on up to 92 mph. Contrary to your comment Jonathan all the reps of powerboat were very happy with the handling of the Adrenaline boat and the quality of craftsmanship, they though it was very unique and was put togethere very well in all aspects of the review.

And if I remember correctly when I was in your boat it handled with no problems throughout the speed ranges. I don't recall you ever mentioning any issues with the handling at all when I was out there with you in it, no matter what speed it was running at. Also judging by the video of the boat in Florida I would say if it can handle what it was at 90 it shouldn't have any problems handling more conservative conditions at a much higher speed. Also after speaking to some customers of Adrenaline of have run in your boat at high speeds I wouldn't even question the boats capabilities at high speeds.

Anyways the boat did wonderfully at the trials, and if you think otherwise check out powerboat magazine during july and august and read the write up for yourself. Until then its all gossip and rumors, Ill let the facts prove the boats capabilities not the mouths of people on here who have not spoken directly with operators of the boat or the people who have physically been in or seen the boat.

John
Thank you for the clarification, and I am glad to hear your boat did well. I hope you all do well with it.

I thought the skag issue was fixed and that is why it took so long to get the boat done was because Mike was waiting on Mercury?

Like I said my boat always handled well until it got to 100mph. When you were in my boat we never hit 100mph because of the drives and prop setup from the factory. Every change made at the factory made the boat worse and I had to pay for it in order to get my boat back....hope they treat you better, but it sounds like you are on the same path I was...I defended them to.

Jonathan
Old 03-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Registered

I disagree were on a very good path with it right now. After arriving with the boat at the trials and speaking with Mike and Mercury it sounds like Mercury made some broken promises about getting this new deeper skag drive to them. They were supposed to have it to them on multiple accounts and never got it to us. Now that the boat came out here and ran at the trials, Bob Teague was furious with mercury since he drove two boats the Adrenaline and the DCB that both had the same problem. He sat down with the mercury rep and told him how disapointed he was, after this discussion the merc guy got on the phone and said he would have a us the new lower unit in a week maybe two. So Im very happy with where were going and the boat runs good as of right now just has the slight transition at 80 mph and after that its awesome. The merc guy said they had this same issue on an Outerlimits and they just put the new drives on it and it was like night and day at higher speeds since the skag was in the water enough to control the boat. So everything is going good and the next boat will be done at the end of this month for desert storm. Jon you coming to Desert Storm?

Hey Jonathan shoot me an email when you get a chance, want to chat with you off the boards about your boat, [email protected]

Thanks John
Old 03-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered

Got any pics of the new boat?

How about some pics of any V24's other than the demo we keep seeing?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Freshwaterfinder,

I will be updating our website this weekend with a bunch of pictures of the single V30 aswell as the new twin 525 boat. Ill also be posting up lots of pictures of the interior cabin area. Keep checking back throughout the weekend and Ill post up when the new pictures can be seen.

Thanks John
www.uniqueperformancewest.com
714-865-3502
Old 03-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Got any pics of the new boat?

How about some pics of any V24's other than the demo we keep seeing?

The Orange V-24 is not a Demo, and whoever says so is wrong!!!

The owner of the V24 was a affiliated with Adrenaline and got the short end of the stick as well. Mike Layton the owner of Adrenaline would not even tell him where his boat was when it left to CA. Amazing...

Jonathan
Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Jonathan..........let it go man. You're a good guy, Mikes a good guy, lay down the gloves.

Quick Reply: NEW V-30 w/ MERC 700/ NXT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.