Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Adrenaline (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/adrenaline-178/)
-   -   I would like some info on the v24 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/adrenaline/168858-i-would-like-some-info-v24.html)

moviemoney 09-16-2007 02:48 PM

I would like some info on the v24

I would like some info on the v24,
I am wondering how it would perform with a 525,600,700merc package,and how would it differ from the illmor packages.I know the 700 has the nxt drive , what would this drive and motor combo be in comparison to the 710 illmor w/ Teague's platinum drive.the 710 needs more room ,but it because it is 4'' longer than the merc would this change the c/g and because it is lighter what would this do?the nxt drive being different than the bravo what would that do to the handilings . I would like to be in speeds above 90 , and have no handling problomes, no porpousing and no chine walking or rocking side to side. Fast flat and stable. This thred is for the guys at Adrenaline, please do not post any replys un less you own or have been in the v24, I think there is only still the one running around ,I want one over here in cali to kick some big ass. Or just call me 661-510-5049

berns29scarab 09-17-2007 01:47 AM

whats up with the Pantera ?

freshwaterfiend 09-17-2007 02:53 PM

I've done some research on the V24, from what I have found out, it is based on a 24x7 hull, similar to the 24' Pantera or Superboat. It has a small vent/step on the underside that does not extend all the way across.

In other words, assume that the handling characteristics will be broadly similar to any boat with the 24x7 hull.

As well, I would go with Ilmor engine because it is much lighter than the Merc, important in a smaller boat. Ilmor is coming out with their own drive system and it will hopefully debut in time for Miami boat show this year.

TSPM 09-17-2007 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend (Post 2274780)
I've done some research on the V24, from what I have found out, it is based on a 24x7 hull, similar to the 24' Pantera or Superboat. It has a small vent/step on the underside that does not extend all the way across.

In other words, assume that the handling characteristics will be broadly similar to any boat with the 24x7 hull.

As well, I would go with Ilmor engine because it is much lighter than the Merc, important in a smaller boat. Ilmor is coming out with their own drive system and it will hopefully debut in time for Miami boat show this year.

As a dealer your are on the money....much info was pulled from John C. prior to the V24 hull design. Give us a call for info and details on this over engineered boat.

(631) 724-8707

Paul

moviemoney 09-17-2007 08:39 PM

I think I am chancing my boating locations and priorities, I am sick of the ovewr crowded lakes like Havasu and I live almost 3minutes from a lake that my pantera is too big for.

Dude! Sweet! 09-17-2007 08:56 PM

How about the Ocean? You've got a real nice one right near your house! :D

You going to get your butt down to LB for the Poker Run?

realityslap 09-18-2007 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've done a poker run in the v24 several years back, its a really cool boat :D

Its got a stock 496 in it and it tops out in the mid to low 70's from what I remember.. I think they had a couple people interested in doing one with an illmor or something similar in it..

THE BULL 09-19-2007 09:04 AM

That v24 kills the ocean....I was impressed at the Key West event a few years back.

berns29scarab 09-19-2007 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by moviemoney (Post 2275276)
I think I am chancing my boating locations and priorities, I am sick of the ovewr crowded lakes like Havasu and I live almost 3minutes from a lake that my pantera is too big for.

so whats the price ?

Stormrider 09-19-2007 12:09 PM

MM, too bad you missed the black 24 army boat.