Your Adrenaline!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
I'd call these 6-8'shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8uYrpmyRJQ
NOW THOSE ARE 6 - 8 FOOTER'S
BUT I KNOW A FEW LAKE BOATER'S THAT WOULD SWEAR THOSE WHERE 12 TO 14 FOOTER'S
BE FOR THE CAMRA BREAK'S YOU CAN SEE THE SPEEDO IT LOOK'S LIKE MAYBE 30 TO 40 MPH AT MOST . YOU CAN ALMOST FEEL THE BANG WHEN THEY HIT A HOLE .
MIKE

Last edited by mikebrls; 06-24-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikebrls
NOW THOSE ARE 6 - 8 FOOTER'S
BUT I KNOW A FEW LAKE BOATER'S THAT WOULD SWEAR THOSE WHERE 12 TO 14 FOOTER'S
BE FOR THE CAMRA BREAK'S YOU CAN SEE THE SPEEDO IT LOOK'S LIKE MAYBE 30 TO 40 MPH AT MOST . YOU CAN ALMOST FEEL THE BANG WHEN THEY HIT A HOLE .
MIKE
Your looking at the tach, more like 10 mph!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered

DAMM ,,,,,
THOSE GUY'S WHERE TAKING A BEATING

I KNOW
I KNOW
THEY NEED TO BE RUNNING LIKE 90 MPH AND BE ON TOP OF THE WAVE'S "" YOU KNOW SKIP ACROSS THE TOP ""'
Old 06-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

That is because you weren't in an Adrenaline V30, the 90 MPH boat that defies logic, gravity and common sense in all types of seas.

If "The Perfect Storm" was filmed using a V30 those guys wouldn't have died.........
Old 06-25-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

An 8 foot wave is eight feet from the bottom of the trough to the top of the next wave. Stand next to an 8' sheet of plywood and imagine that's a wall of water next to your boat, Now imagine being in a not-terribly-deep 30 foot long boat, where your feet are pretty much at the level of the running surface of the boat. Now look at the plywood. In a 30 foot boat at the bottom of an 8 foot trough, you see nothing but water. Next to you, in front of you, all around you.

I raced a very fast 30' Velocity. That's as deep a 30' boat as you're going to find. I ran it in some very big water. Keeping it on plane on 8' swells would have been suicidal. I would have maybe made the jump from the first crest and directly into the face of the next swell.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:19 PM
my00b16si

there is a promo video on there website its half way into the video.click on the link goto the design tab click in video http://www.adrenalinepowerboats.com/main.htm
there's not big water here but some good air. and them boys are cruzin

Old 06-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by my00b16si
there is a promo video on there website its half way into the video.click on the link goto the design tab click in video http://www.adrenalinepowerboats.com/main.htm
there's not big water here but some good air. and them boys are cruzin
THAT'S PRETTY SCARY HOW MUCH AIR THAT BOAT CAN CATCH OFF OF A 1 FOOT BOAT WAKE .
NOW THINK ABOUT AN 8 FOOTER .
Old 06-29-2008, 07:51 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wave heights are a tricky thing to judge, especially at sea level. Most performance boats are running pretty close to the water and the seas look bigger at the helm than from a helicopter.
I spent 10 years offshore in the Gulf on many jobs that would have to be shut down when seas got over 6 ft.
I'd make the call that the seas were too big to continue operations and the guy on the crane 60+ feet off the water would say no way the seas are like 1 ft.
Its a matter of perspective in a way.
Seas and swells are different animals. If you have a 6 ft ground swell with a 3 ft windblown chop the opposite direction what is it?
The face of any given wave will look higher than a computer model.
Jonathan is a good guy. Don't beat him to death over a sea state post.
I've seen his boat run and its fast as hell.
Jim
Old 06-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JnT
Wave heights are a tricky thing to judge, especially at sea level. Most performance boats are running pretty close to the water and the seas look bigger at the helm than from a helicopter.
I spent 10 years offshore in the Gulf on many jobs that would have to be shut down when seas got over 6 ft.
I'd make the call that the seas were too big to continue operations and the guy on the crane 60+ feet off the water would say no way the seas are like 1 ft.
Its a matter of perspective in a way.
Seas and swells are different animals. If you have a 6 ft ground swell with a 3 ft windblown chop the opposite direction what is it?
The face of any given wave will look higher than a computer model.
Jonathan is a good guy. Don't beat him to death over a sea state post.
I've seen his boat run and its fast as hell.
Jim
JUST BUSTEN CHOP'S
I HAD A 28 PANTERA A FEW YEAR'S AGO AND I WOULD GO OUT AND RUN IN 4 TO 6 FOOTER'S @ 60 MPH AND BE IN THE AIR 90% OF THE TIME ." FUN "
BUT NOW WHEN JO "OWNER OF PANTERA " WENT OUT WITH ME IN THE SAME WATER HE WOULD RUN 70 + AND SCARE THE PANT'S OUT OF ME . SO IT'S ALL IN THE DRIVER TO A CERTAIN POINT . MY BOAT RAN OVER 80 MPH BUT COULD NEVER GET IT THAT FAST IN THAT TYPE OF WATER YOU WHERE JUST NEVER IN THE WATER LONG ENOUGH TO GET THE HOOK UP .
NOW IN MY 38 SONIC I WENT OUT A FEW TIME'S IN 5 TO 7 FOOTER'S AND RAN ABOUT 50 MPH EVEN THAT HEAVY BOAT WOULD BE IN THE AIR SAY 50 % OF THE TIME . YOU WOULD RUN IN BEETWEEN THE WAVE'S " TROUGH " AND THEY WOULD BE TALLER THEN THE BOAT ON BOTH SIDE'S . SO I HAVE BEN OUT IN SOME ROUGH OCEAN WATER . ALL I COULD SAY IS THAT A 30 FOOT BOAT WOULD HAVE HAD TO BE COMING FROM SOME FLAT WATER RUNNING HARD " LIKE OUT A INLET " INTO THE ROUGH . HIT THE FIRST WAVE AT 90 MPH AND THAT'S IT . AND HOPE THE BOAT DONT BREAK IN HALF AND HEAD BACK INTO THE FLAT WATER OR SLOW DOWN THE PROP JUST WONT STAY IN THE WATER LONG ENOUGH TO KEEP THAT SPEED UP ON SUCH A SMALL BOAT.
ANY WAY IF THAT REALY TOOK PLACE I WOULD SAY THAT MAN HAS SOME STEAL BALL'S
AND TO GET OUT THERE ON THE RACE COURSE AND KICK SOME A$$.
GOOD LUCK I HOPE TO SEE A 30 OUT THERE SOON
MIKE
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the one thing everyone is forgetting is this simple part of the equation.............

If it's 6-8's 2-3 seconds apart and they're stacked one right after the other, probably not realistic.

If it's 6-8's 15 seconds apart, totally doable.
In these types of conditions 90 is probably pretty fun.

Quick Reply: Your Adrenaline!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.