Advantage members boats Gallery >

Advantage members boats Gallery

Notices

Advantage members boats Gallery

Old 02-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advantage members boats Gallery

I see some of the other manufacturers have a photo site, here's the beginning of our's!
Attached Thumbnails Advantage members boats Gallery-advtr.jpg  

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 02-26-2002 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 10:27 PM
Registered

Default "GRIN" 2002- 32 496 H.O.'s

Here's mine

Last edited by gjockey; 08-22-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:12 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Default Here's Mine!

My Ride
Attached Thumbnails Advantage members boats Gallery-34advantage.jpg  
Old 03-09-2002, 10:49 PM
jb
Registered

OK, I own a Scarab, but have had a thing for Advantage. Almost bought a new 2000 with 502's. "Grin" has some sweet paint work. If I were to switch to Advantage I would have to run to the 34 to get the big cabin. Never drove one , us East coasters dont see too many round here
Old 03-10-2002, 07:47 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Thought I would add one of only 2 Advantage Cats that I know of on the board

1999 28' Twin stock 502's turning Bravo 1 28's. That is until I try out some Hydros

BTW, IT'S FOR SALE
Attached Thumbnails Advantage members boats Gallery-99_sportcat.jpg  
Old 03-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Registered

Hey JB,
I was just like you having never seen an advantage before here in detroit. I looked at alot of boats and ended up with the 32. I've been aboard the 34 and it 34 definitely has a great cabin, very plush and roomy with 6'-2" headroom and all the amenities, but the 32 also has a great cabin, in it too. Not standing room, but not missing by much and I'm 6'-0" and dont feel cramped at all. The ride between the 34 and 32 is totally different. The 32 feels like it's on top of the water riding on rails, and the 34 has more of a solid, blasting thru the waves feel, but the 34 as taller sides and a long, roomy, & deep cockpit, where the 32 gives the 4 bolster set-up which is just great for lots of friends, or to give everyone the race seat feeling. Either way they are both great boats, depending on what you prefer. If the cabin is what you want you'd be happy with the 34, plus the added length and weight would ride better in heavy sea's, I'm sure lakeracer can fill you in on the 34's rough water abilities, I was in one on a calm day in havasu, but I cant complain about the ride of my 32 at all, nor can anyone that's rode on it, they are simply amazed by it. The 32 is more of a race/poker run style boat, and the 34 is more luxury performance style, and can hold it's own no problem in a poker run, and is a big 34 with an impressive stance in the water. I never looked into buying a 34, as I was more performance oriented, and the 32 was less $$, and I absolutely loved the 4 bolster cockpit. Lakeracer can add alot of comments about the 34 I'm sure. Depends on what your looking for, but dont think for a second the 32 cabin is small, everyone thinks it is due to the 4 bolster cockpit, but when they see it they cant belive it. It's bigger than just about everything in that size. I could be talked out of mine to have a 40 built for me. I know of a 32 w/502's w/175 hours that runs in the low 80's. I'm sending the props to York for lab finishing to see if I can hit 85. I'm only 1.3mph from it so I'm hopein, come spring, I can get it... That's DAMN impressive for bone stock 502 mags, and tell's you a little about the efficientcy of the hull.
Attached Thumbnails Advantage members boats Gallery-adv001.jpg  

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 03-12-2002 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Registered

Thanks for the compliment jb. I was going to post a reply to you sooner but I thought I'd wait for Rob to reply first so I could save myself some typing . The 32 is a rather large 32 and the cabin seems pretty much all there. I have an enclosed head with a vacuflush in mine. Not sure what in particular you were looking for in cabin size. That was one thing that impressed me about the 32 cabin, the fact that they were able to find the room to put in an enclosed head. Also, another consideration if you are looking for more on the pleasure side instead of just performance... with the 32, you can delete one of the 4 bolsters and stick in a sink / refrigerator thingy, so you get then 3 bolsters, a rear bench and the mini kitchen. ---- John
Attached Thumbnails Advantage members boats Gallery-grincrop3-40.jpg  
Old 03-12-2002, 01:04 AM
Charter Member

Talking Yeah Baby

JB

In the 34 -35 foot range there are only two boats that have alot of cabin room (stand up for a six footer) and one is Advantage. The other is Sonic. And I've looked at almost all of them. But I can tell you that no other boat has the sensible layout and storage space that Advantage has. It beats all others hands down including the Sonic. The Sonic beats the Advantage only in the head. The Sonic has a little more room to move around in when doing you know what. But you can still stand up in the Advantage.

The rough water ride is great. Handles the Pacific quite well and the larger lakes around here with ease. The 32 takes the speed department if that's what you are looking for but the 34 is no slouch. I have stock 502 Mag EFI's and at Lake Havasu, 450' elevation, 70 degrees, 1/2 tank and two people I can hit 72mph radar verified. Not bad for a BIG boat.

It drives very well too. Although I haven't driven the 32, my 34 doesn't exactly feel like it's plowing through the waves. It has Keikhaefer trim tabs and the only time I use them are to get on plane. I'll be in Havasu in a couple of weeks. If you want some pictures I'll see if they have a new 34 in the works. Otherwise, I can send you some pics of mine.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:38 PM
Registered

Lakeracer, I didn't mean plowing thru as a bad thing, more like I refer to my friends 35 cigarette that plows thru the rough stuff. I had alot of seat time in a 32 then drove a 34, it's defintely an awesome boat, with huge presence in the water, and the added weight is great for the rough stuff. I definitely must say I dont see any boat in the offshore market that does a better job with a useable layout, and storage, like advantage does on all of thier models.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 03-12-2002 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:44 PM
Charter Member

Rob,
Don't worry. I didn't take it as an insult. I know how all boats drive different. Plowin thru the waves is a good thing And you are right...it's very solid goin thru the rough stuff.

Me and the missus want to go bigger, but every time we weigh the pros and cons the Advantage and all it's amenities keeps winning out. Maybe one of these days

Quick Reply: Advantage members boats Gallery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.