IMCO SCX Drive Upgrade Video >

IMCO SCX Drive Upgrade Video

Notices

IMCO SCX Drive Upgrade Video

Old 01-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts
Default IMCO SCX Drive Upgrade Video

It's been a little quiet around here lately so I'm posting a short video of an IMCO SCX drive upgrade. This video was shot by Young Performance Marine while checking A/F ratios after new drive and ignition were installed. Can't wait to get her back on the water, enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZW7TSLRGrU
Old 03-11-2016, 08:14 AM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you been able to string it out yet? Im putting a nsx together now with around 1150 hp.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Registered

Not yet, soon I hope. I'm actually just interested in enjoying the boat. This hull really doesn't change it's behavior between 80 and 105. I'm just interested in enjoying the boat for a full season without rebuilding a drive!
Old 05-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Registered

I am installing an SCX drive on 2600 as well, plan on about 1200HP, where did u end up with your X-dimension?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Registered

I think it's pretty close to even with the center pod. That's with a 12 inch IMCO Box. I'm attaching a few pictures for reference. I can tell you there's definitely is a sweet spot. Too low and your slip is in single digits and your speed is compromised and too high and your slip is high with the engine bouncing off the rev limiter. FYI all spacer testing was with a Bravo 1 Prop. With 800HP and a 1.5 gear ratio the boat loves a non-labbed 34 Pitch Bravo One. Good luck with your project.
Attached Thumbnails IMCO SCX Drive Upgrade Video-prop-shaft-height.jpg   IMCO SCX Drive Upgrade Video-prop-shaft-height-2.jpg  
Old 05-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Registered

Is that a 2inch Shorty on the bottom?
Old 05-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jspeeddemon
Is that a 2inch Shorty on the bottom?
No, std length SC bottom w/ 1 1/2 inch spacer. However the previous owner installed the 3 inch raised box. So basically moved the prop shaft back 12 inches and up 1 1/2 inches. Boat runs well with this setup. Let us know where you end up.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Registered

I have a SCX top and a -2 IMCO shorty with spacer, debating on extension box, although Art told me I didn't need it. He said the best prop heights was 1-1 /4 to 1-1/2 below the bottom. That would change based on extension box and prop. I have a labbed 5 blade 32 Maximus prop to start with.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jspeeddemon
I have a SCX top and a -2 IMCO shorty with spacer, debating on extension box, although Art told me I didn't need it. He said the best prop heights was 1-1 /4 to 1-1/2 below the bottom. That would change based on extension box and prop. I have a labbed 5 blade 32 Maximus prop to start with.
I tried a Maximus Prop with no spacer so approximately 1 1/2 inches above center pod and it didn't work very well. Jumped on plane but everywhere else the boat didn't handle well. I believe I read a post on here someone was able to dial in a Hydromotive P5X without a box. Art told me the box wasn't necessary but my boat came with one. I'm not sure it's needed but I like having one. Good luck!
Old 05-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Registered

Thanks for the Feedback, I'll keep you posted