Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/apache-55/)
-   -   Broken Arrow!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/apache/145159-broken-arrow.html)

Comanche3Six 11-19-2006 11:06 AM

Re: Broken Arrow!!

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Does anyone think making the same boat with the same horsepower 6,000lbs lighter will increase the speed and throttle response? NK

Hello Parnell
I think the weight helps Apache in the rough stuff

Ed

thisistank 11-19-2006 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by captnate
Thats not the Arrow, thats the Sprit.Big Blowers.Elias boat.

My bad....I'm just a Cig owner, I don't know any better :eek: :D

Someone post pics of Broken arrow then.

cougarman 11-19-2006 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Can't wait for the spring. Does anyone think making the same boat with the same horsepower 6,000lbs lighter will increase the speed and throttle response? NK

Thanks Parnell, sounds very promising.
Are you thinking of putting turbo's in the new Saber?

What kinda horsepower is chief making with those Turbo's in Broken Arrow?

Cougarman

offshoredrillin 11-20-2006 06:36 AM

Does anyone think making the same boat with the same horsepower 6,000lbs lighter will increase the speed and throttle response? NK

Heck yea boy, build it :D

Nauti Kitty 11-20-2006 12:59 PM

Tommy's turbos are making a conservative 1200 although he just made a set for someone to run on race fuel over 1900 hp. :eek:
naturally we want them to run so 1200 sounds great.
Ed Tommy and I were just talking last weekend about how interesting a rough water battle between kemosabe at 17500 and Spirit of apache at 22,000 would be. 17500 and 47 feet is still a very heavy long boat and the throttle response is so much more significant that you could throttle out of a lot of problems. we are actually worried that it won't weigh enough so we are going to put in extra bulkheads for strength. The first 47 will have three turbos in it and hopefully will be in the newly refurbished mold in three weeks and completeted for smoke. I for one can not wait for a sea trial or 50. :drink: NK

Nauti Kitty 11-20-2006 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
"Does anyone think making the same boat with the same horsepower 6,000lbs lighter will increase the speed and throttle response?"

Was that a rhetorical question Parnell, or do you expect an answer :)

I expect to answer my own question in 6 months. :D NK

cougarman 11-20-2006 02:20 PM

The first 47 will have three turbos in it and hopefully will be in the newly refurbished mold in three weeks and completeted for smoke. I for one can not wait for a sea trial or 50. :drink: NK

Dang that sounds Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cougarman

Downtown42 11-20-2006 02:42 PM

Tommy's turbos are making a conservative 1200 although he just made a set for someone to run on race fuel over 1900 hp. :eek:
naturally we want them to run so 1200 sounds great.
Ed Tommy and I were just talking last weekend about how interesting a rough water battle between kemosabe at 17500 and Spirit of apache at 22,000 would be. 17500 and 47 feet is still a very heavy long boat and the throttle response is so much more significant that you could throttle out of a lot of problems. we are actually worried that it won't weigh enough so we are going to put in extra bulkheads for strength. The first 47 will have three turbos in it and hopefully will be in the newly refurbished mold in three weeks and completeted for smoke. I for one can not wait for a sea trial or 50. :drink: NK

and Tres wouldn't borrow the screwdriver :D

rockstrmkr 11-20-2006 05:35 PM

:D Wow! That sounds Awesome !!! Good luck with everything Parnell.

Do you have the "kemosabe" mold ?
A Saber 47 with three turbo motors?
I'll get my lazy a$$ up there for Smoke next year just to watch you go by !!!!!

Comanche3Six 11-20-2006 06:03 PM

Sounds great!