36 warrior values >

36 warrior values

Notices

36 warrior values

Old 09-11-2022, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 36 warrior values

Without going too far into the details, I’m considering making an offer on a 36 that’s very well optioned but been sitting for some time.

I know it’s hard to put values on boats that are upwards of 20 years old especially since they are all very different spec and condition but hoping to find some of the more recently sold boats for price comparison.

I understand tribal chief just now sold for 70k after being in the market for 2 years. 700hp, XR
(would include URL but don’t have enough posts yet)

Does anyone know of some 36s that have recently sold for comparison? Would help to have some basic info like power, drives, and condition.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2022, 07:55 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Cking
Without going too far into the details, I’m considering making an offer on a 36 that’s very well optioned but been sitting for some time.

I know it’s hard to put values on boats that are upwards of 20 years old especially since they are all very different spec and condition but hoping to find some of the more recently sold boats for price comparison.

I understand tribal chief just now sold for 70k after being in the market for 2 years. 700hp, XR
(would include URL but don’t have enough posts yet)

Does anyone know of some 36s that have recently sold for comparison? Would help to have some basic info like power, drives, and condition.

Thanks
It's hard to say. I'll tell you that there's no way I'd sell my 36' for $70K. That was a steal if that's true.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:19 PM
Registered

I later found out the boat sold for 60k.

https://m.powerboatlistings.com/view/64109
Old 11-03-2022, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Tribal Chief

I looked this boat last year, had a survey on it and decided not to buy it. Power and engine compartment rigging looked great. Fired up nice , sounded pretty mean . Transom and stringers in engine room were solid.

It really needed a complete remodel , inside and outside.
You could run as is for many years , but I really did not want a project . We agreed to $60k .
The boat has alot of history, I even search and found pictures of Bob Saccenty driving that boat.
I wanted it bad. But the though of being tied up for a year or two with paint and full cabin and cockpit interior was a downer. I figured to be about $120k to $140k final product, which was a good budget for me .
I hired a surveyor, and there was immediately tension with the seller, we had to wait 3 weeks for the surveyor, and the seller was trying to push the sale without the survey.
claiming he had cash offers ect... My offer was cash as well.
What i didnt like is he kept the boat in a metal barn with a dirt floor. So it was dry , but signs of being moldy or damp.
And he kept tje boat in the water the last 5 seasons , not on a hoist.
Anyhow the survey found a wet bulkhead in the cabin near the v berth, and part of the cockpit floor was wet . There were very few inspection hatches or accesse hatches in the cockpit . Just the two for the fuel tank connections.
After the survey, the seller called the surveyor and threatened to blow his brains out!!!! Appearently , tje surveyor left a couple wet foot prints on the bench seat. Yes, for real !!!!
I tried to haggle with him a little , and he wouldn't budge. I asked him to replace the trailer tires ($1600) , and he wouldn't do it .
So I declined.
But the sad , moral to the story is....... I don't have an APACHE !!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Gary C (11-06-2022)
Old 11-03-2022, 08:00 AM
Registered

Wow I didn’t realize the boat needed that much work, looked good in the pics but I guess pics don’t show everything.

can’t believe the seller had such an attitude over some pretty standard due diligence and the whole wet footprint thing… wow!

the boat I’m looking at isn’t listed anywhere, and I’ll probably end up buying it regardless since I’ve known the boat and owner (original owner) for a long time. Not to mention it’s one of the baddest 36s ever built (per Bobby). It likely will need cockpit interior replaced but we’re gonna have a professional detailer see if they can work some magic on it. I need some kind of negotiating power tho, aside from some vinyl it’s a bad mf with 260 original hours on it
Old 11-03-2022, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Most are big money pits. Rare to find one in good shape someone has restored because it takes a lot of money and most in the know that start a project like that have every intention on using it up until the time it needs another restoration. Apache's in particular one of the most abused boats because of the way their owners use them.........for what they were made for. If your shopping for one make sure to sea trial it in some water that is going to test the hull structure a bit and heavily inspect the rubrail before and after the ride and look for stress cracks to re-appear that were not there before. If the screws on the rubrail are backing out and the rubrail itself is coming loose then you know the hull is working too much and there's a reason for that. Even the race boats would often have bulkhead tabs come loose, which are an easy fix, but it just goes to show you no matter the brand if you go running any boat hard in rough water you will have problems.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:28 PM
Registered

All valid points. One thing to consider is that all of the apaches were built different. Bobby built the 22,28,36’ boats to order and the Kramers built the 41, 47’ boats to order. Every single one was different. Some with super heavy layups with or without Kevlar and some with lighter layups whether race or pleasure applications.

you can’t assume any two are the same. Then adding the use history factor and purchasing second hand becomes a real gamble unless you have full faith in who you are buying the boat from. You may be surprised how well Bobby remembers each boat but that only goes as far as the construction not the use factor. Either way all of them were tanks and the appropriate due diligence will go a long way
Old 11-05-2022, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Tribal Chief

Just for the record, in my opinion, $60k was a good price for the boat. I was reall hoping to find something already restored in my budget, and just missed a couple nice rigs. I should have jumped on Bull Roar. But such is life.......
It can be sorted out for less than I had planned, but some big work was in it's future one way or another. The fuel tanks were original so realistically replacing the cockpit floor, you would do the fuel tank as well, but there was a front fuel tank under the v-berth, I would probably just remove it. But you are going to tear into the entire cabin to get that done. The boat doesn't have to be painted. And if you wait a little longer, the whole Miami vice thong will be reborn LOL !!!!
Congratulations and good luck to the new owner, will be interesting to see which direction they go .
Cking (11-06-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

We had a couple 36's, they are great boats. If it's the 36 i am thinking of its a unicorn, staggered with 3A's? Get a Good surveyor I am 6 for 6 on failed 28"s, and even worse on Cig Bullets so we bought a 28 Power Play. Good luck, we had tons of fun on Tribal when it was Little Tommy's for many years when it was called Thunder Stuck,
J-Bonz (11-06-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 08:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nykamp
We had a couple 36's, they are great boats. If it's the 36 i am thinking of its a unicorn, staggered with 3A's? Get a Good surveyor I am 6 for 6 on failed 28"s, and even worse on Cig Bullets so we bought a 28 Power Play. Good luck, we had tons of fun on Tribal when it was Little Tommy's for many years when it was called Thunder Stuck,
I suppose you could call it that, big big power short stagger with #6.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.