Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/apache-55/)
-   -   Apache Clothing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/apache/173302-apache-clothing.html)

ar15meister 11-15-2007 11:14 AM

Apache Clothing

Anybody know where to buy some stuff or if there is a brochure or anything?

I looked on the website and couldnt find anything.

Thanks guys.:ernaehrung004:

HabanaJoe 11-16-2007 01:28 PM

I know I will catch flak for this, but.....

We own Habana Co. (www.thehabanaco.com) the makers of Dock to Dine Apparel. If you have an Apache I could make you anything you want as long as your boat or boat name is in it. As far as regular Apache logo clothing, if Mark let me (& provided 300DPI images as well) I could make you or anyone else small qty say 6 at a time. We make custom clothing for guys with big sportfishermen everyday, the people that don't want a Hanes type tee but truely designer high end boat clothing.

Google "HabanaCo" , check our website you'll see we're for real and are designers & manufacturers not re-labelers.

You can email me direct [email protected]

MegaByte*3 11-16-2007 02:59 PM

ar15:

Send me a list of what you want. I visit with Mark a few times a week. I would be happy to give his staff the list and have them contact you to process the order.

Tom

TexomaPowerboater 11-16-2007 03:19 PM

MegaByte*3 - I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this, but like ar15 I'm also closing a deal on an apache, albeit just a 28. I'm just looking for a pair of white T-shirts with the apache logo, much like your avatar....although, any apache t-shirts would be nice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Its a 1990 28 apache HIN APH28039A090
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18918-en.html

Queenie 11-16-2007 03:41 PM

Look out Mega, you might have started something! :D

ar15meister 11-16-2007 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3 (Post 2338255)
ar15:

Send me a list of what you want. I visit with Mark a few times a week. I would be happy to give his staff the list and have them contact you to process the order.

Tom

thanks very much for the kind offer Tom.

I called Apache yesterday and the girl there Sherline told me she was going to send me some pictures of the stuff they have and that I could choose and then place a telephone order. I will wait to see if she gets back to me before I take you up on the offer!

SHe also told me they would have some stuff up on the website soon for sale which would be great, hopefully in time for Christmas.

I am going next weekend to see the Apache I want to buy, hopefully we can work out a deal and I can join the tribe officially.:ernaehrung004:

Adam

ar15meister 11-16-2007 04:00 PM

Email just came from Apache!

pictures will be coming tuesday.

Thanks guys.

Adam

baywatch 11-16-2007 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by ar15meister (Post 2338337)
Email just came from Apache!

pictures will be coming tuesday.

Thanks guys.

Adam

Cool,

I need some stuff as well. When you get the pictures can you post that way I can phone them with an order as well.

Thanks

ar15meister 11-17-2007 02:46 PM

yah I will post the pics if I can figure out how to do it.

If not then I can just forward you the email or whatever.

baywatch 11-17-2007 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ar15meister (Post 2339035)
yah I will post the pics if I can figure out how to do it.

If not then I can just forward you the email or whatever.

I'll send you a PM with my Email address.

Quiet Storm 12-13-2007 08:20 PM

Does anyone have pictures of what's available? I think I'm going to need some stuff.:D

Panther 12-13-2007 08:54 PM

Puzzles me why they don't do a better job marketing the apparel...

There's quite a market for this stuff......ie. Cigarette Apparel....

Chris Sunkin 12-13-2007 09:04 PM

I've met some performance boaters who have never heard of Apache and alot don't know much nor have ever seen one. The guy I bought my Cig of of had never heard of the brand, nor did a Cafe owner I met last year,

And, Cig will probably make more boats this year than Apache ever did. Kids love those Cig oval shirts. What kid would bug their dad for an Apache shirt?

Lastly, Mark doesn't even seem to want to build the boats- why dick around with the peanuts of an apparel line?

Nykamp 12-13-2007 09:16 PM

Chris, did you not notice he is building a new 50.

Chris Sunkin 12-14-2007 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nykamp (Post 2371227)
Chris, did you not notice he is building a new 50.

Yeah, saw the thread. Isn't this the first boat since the all-silver Tsunami a couple of years ago?

It's pretty obvious Mark has found a business model he's comfortable with- one that satisfies whatever needs he has. He's obviously not looking to be Reggie or Skip Braver.

Panther 12-14-2007 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2371212)
And, Cig will probably make more boats this year than Apache ever did. Kids love those Cig oval shirts. What kid would bug their dad for an Apache shirt?

Every brand, no matter how many boats they build or have built in the past should have Aparel for the public and available for the public to see..... You can't build a popular brand in a vacuum - Marketing 101...:eek:

Chris Sunkin 12-14-2007 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2371533)
Every brand, no matter how many boats they build or have built in the past should have Aparel for the public and available for the public to see..... You can't build a popular brand in a vacuum - Marketing 101...:eek:

Yeah, but I don't think that's what Mark is aiming for. He probably builds only when the deal is profitable. He's got his rehab business and whatever he's doing seems to fit his desires. I completely understand and admire him for that. He's chosen to do things his own way. He most likely isn't concerning himself with how to deal with a grossly underqualified workforce, the hassles of production boatbuilding, pinching nickles out of ever-escalating supplier costs and so on. He's got a nice little business that probably throws off a nice income for him. If you look at someone like Fountain, they're building tons of boats, generating lots of revenue, managing a publicly-traded stock and dealing with all the issues of a mid-sized manufacturing company. And, making NO MONEY.

Mark has a niche. I understand this as I have one myself. I have no website, no yellow pages ad, do no trade shows. I don't even have an 800 number. We used to and 80% of our efforts were focused on 20% of our revenues. We got rid of that segment and almost immediately doubled our size and profitability. With less employment.

Can you imagine how many kids & dreamers the people at Fountain & Cigarette deal with every day? That costs money & it's a distraction.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to be able to buy a cool Apache T-shirt. I'm just saying I understand why he doesn't fool with this stuff too much- or at least I have a theory.

Panther 12-14-2007 08:24 AM

Thats your theory..

Nykamp 12-14-2007 08:25 AM

Mark has some real nice clothing, just call the office and they will take care of you. He was going to be getting some new APACHE license plates in when I was there a month or so ago ,so they should be in by now. He also has some really nice pull over fleece's .

ar15meister 12-14-2007 09:49 AM

If anybody wants me to forward them the email Sherline at Apache sent me with the pictures PM me your email and I will gladly forward it to you.

Adam

Chris Sunkin 12-14-2007 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2371572)
Thats your theory..

Of course, but what else is there. A boat every year or so, no noise, self-promotion, advertisement or anything. What else could it be?

Queenie 12-14-2007 11:52 AM

I just called and was shocked at the amount of Apache-logo products they carry.....

Windbreakers, denim jackets, denim shirts, T-shirts, women's tank tops, robes, towels, coasters, fleeces, sweaters, license plate...and in a variety of colors.

I was told nothing was hot-pressed and was all embroidered.

If you haven't called and asked, you should!

DirtyMoney 12-14-2007 05:42 PM

I would entertain some hulls out of my 41 mold and Brian (The Joker) is working up some figures for me currently.

DirtyMoney 12-14-2007 08:17 PM

For info on hulls pm me.

McManus Apache 12-20-2007 11:44 AM

Adam,

We received our shipment of Apache clothing today. Call me before 5 Pm with your order for me to get it out today so that you can receive it in time for Christmas.

Sherline

John.Vaught 12-20-2007 04:23 PM

I think a new boat would be great if you just used Epoxy and Carbon/Kevlar it would be as light as an old race boat and still have a cabin.

I don't like steps (I had a bad experiance) Just try to turn sharp at 80 to avoid a collision. And you to will know.

I wonder if they have big boy clothes I wear a 52 long sport jacket so I need a little bigger shirt than most but i don't need all the extra around the middle.

baywatch 12-20-2007 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by John.Vaught (Post 2378831)
I think a new boat would be great if you just used Epoxy and Carbon/Kevlar it would be as light as an old race boat and still have a cabin.

I don't like steps (I had a bad experiance) Just try to turn sharp at 80 to avoid a collision. And you to will know.

I wonder if they have big boy clothes I wear a 52 long sport jacket so I need a little bigger shirt than most but i don't need all the extra around the middle.

They have XXXL in mens shirts. I just ordered a couple (mine are a couple sizes smaller than yours however).

John.Vaught 12-20-2007 06:38 PM

Sweet big boy clothes, I normally wear xxl but after they shrink I look like I am showing off or something.

My coworkers give static about it all the time, I can't help it I'm big boned....LOL

I need an athletic cut.

Have you ever noticed that most shirts are designed as a medium and then they put that same size design on a xxxl and it just doesn't look right.

baywatch 12-20-2007 08:51 PM

I called Sherline today and she was very helpful and answered my dumb questions like, "what size you think my wife wears?"

Hopefully they will eventually be able to get stuff on the website with pics so you have a little better Idea what you are getting. But for now I am happy to have a couple shirts heading my way.

Comanche3Six 01-05-2008 12:45 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-APACHE-POWE...QQcmdZViewItem

Queenie 01-05-2008 02:38 PM

For Christmas I got Rob an Apache license plate for his truck, a t-shirt and fleece.....I better get a fleece for our anniversary!

Very nice clothing. Sherline, thanks for all your help and getting the order to me in time on Christmas Eve! You'll be hearing more from us.

baywatch 01-05-2008 02:46 PM

I received two shirts as well as a ball cap yesterday from my phone order with Sherline. Good quality stuff, not some cheapy Hanes T-shirt that will fall apart after one washing.

We will definately be ordering more. Hopefully they can get some sort of a catalog on the site with some pics so it is easier to know what you are ordering.

Queenie 01-06-2008 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by baywatch (Post 2394558)
I received two shirts as well as a ball cap yesterday from my phone order with Sherline. Good quality stuff, not some cheapy Hanes T-shirt that will fall apart after one washing.

We will definately be ordering more. Hopefully they can get some sort of a catalog on the site with some pics so it is easier to know what you are ordering.

Agreed. I'd prefer to see what I'm buying personally. They have a denim jacket too.....I'm sure that's nice.

la-zdunck 01-13-2008 06:07 PM

i got a pretty awesome predator apache racing team shirt not too long ago. Has an apache logo on the front with a pic of the predator on the back

i think its predator41.com