41 Apache Warrior

Notices

41 Apache Warrior

Old 12-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
John,

I wasn't trying to talk you out of the deal but I don't know you so I didn't want you to go into it blindly!

I grew up as a marine mechanic and do most of the work myself. If not for knowing how to do it, I too couldn't afford to own my Apache.

Nowadays, there are certain things that I leave up to the experts because of the amount of spare time I have to do the work on my own, which is limited these days. If I didn't have extra money, be darn sure I'd be doing everything myself and be boating much less!

Anyway, as long as you know what you're getting in to, best of luck! I couldn't live with my concience if you bought the boat then all the sudden it was more expensive to maintain than you originally planned for and then you would be posting how upset you were.

so anyway, it has to potential to be a great boat as long as the buyer knows what they are getting.

I passed your email along to my friend Bill and asked if he could get in touch with Steve and talk to you about the boat, even though he doesn't own it anymore.

Frank
Panther (Frank )this is the exact message i tried to convey to this gentleman on the phone .Any way you look at it (even though the boat is structuarly sound )to maintain and operate a 40 plus foot boat of this nature (esp one that has been run in salt water )that is 20 plus years old aint cheap.DEFINATELY a big boys toy.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Either way you look at it boats are expensive.

I could buy a brand new fountain 35 ICBM for 1,100 a month for the first 36 months or I could buy the Apache and pay cash for it and pay 500 a month towards maintenance.

I prefer the second option, but to each is own.

I just don’t like the new boats; they have more deck than hull.

I would rather be able to work on my own stuff without warranty concerns; I just like doing things myself at my own pace.

I have taken everyone’s advice into consideration and it will ultimately come down to whether the boat is still available and I can get a deal I can live with.

I will try to get down to see it in January. I am familiar with boat maintenance I just wasn’t familiar with number three’s basically in boat terms I am a rigger, I just happen to be an aircraft rigger.

If you think marine equipment is expensive check out a few aircraft sometime, at least with an boat you can work on it yourself and you don’t need an IA.

The reason I contacted a few of the people on OSO is due to your familiarity with this boat and/or its systems.

I am not in a hurry because I can’t use the boat right now anyway, I am in Afghanistan, my wife and i are just waiting on the right deal.

Last edited by John.Vaught; 12-23-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: :)
Old 12-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

John, I'm glad you decided to contact Billy. Bill knows the most about the boat and ultimately spent the most amount of time on, in and around it.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Yea Panther he was very helpful and he really seems to be a nice guy.

I am glad you put me in contact with him.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

Anything you need let me know
Old 01-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Looks like someone in georgia got to it before I could.

I just found out while I was sitting here in Kuwait waiting on my flight to Frankfurt.

I hope it found a good home.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Registered

Cool

Yep it sure did find a good home. It is in for a complete redo, paint, cockpit, cabin, and motors. I will post some pics later.
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Warrior-phot2.jpg   41 Apache Warrior-photo.jpg  
Old 01-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

I think the carburators might have had a little bit of water in them.?????? But it still ran.
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Warrior-phot3.jpg   41 Apache Warrior-photo4.jpg  
Old 01-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Congratulations, please post pics and updates throughout the project!!!

Looks great without the arch! PS, I know someone who would want it!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Registered

Call CMS I Left it in the parking lot, I am sure Pete would love some one to come and get it!!!

Quick Reply: 41 Apache Warrior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.