Fixer upper @ custom marine

Notices

Fixer upper @ custom marine

Old 09-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fixer upper @ custom marine

http://www.custommarinesales.com/cla...age=out&id=115

Anybody know what the story is with this beauty. The arch is pretty interesting. LOL.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

By the looks of those engines I think you'd be lucky to get it to do much more than start.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That boat was originaly from up here in Jersey the previos owner transplanted down south. I was told he donated the boat to some charity and now its up for sale. I saw it last year when it was up here for sale it looked okay but i didn't look under the tarp.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
By the looks of those engines I think you'd be lucky to get it to do much more than start.
in need of a total total re-rigg.......de-rigg, 2 motor pkgs, fuel tanks, interior, ect.do the math......20k hull and deck.....that all they got to sell........m.m..
Old 09-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by speedo
Does it run 90mph like all the others?

Eric.
It runs upper 70's, I've been on it.....

Everyone is an expert.......

From what I know, the Drives/Trans were rebuilt within the last 2 years (boat sat unused for a year). Engines were also rebuilt not to long ago. If memory serves me correctly engines were 588 cu. in., Big Chief's with tunnel rams about 750 hp a piece.

Interior was new but the color leaves less to be desired... Paint needs minor touch-up (it was painted by some people I know back in the 80's) and the powdercoated pieces need attention. Also needs new guages and dash. Remove the arch if you don't like it.....

Fuel tank has been mentioned..... I don't know the details but I know the owner never had a problem in the 15+ years that he owned the boat...

Contrary to what some have suggested in the past...the owner decided to give the boat away to a charity..... The marina probably bought the boat back from the charity and are now selling it on their own....

You can probably get the boat for the right price.......

This isn't rocket science..
Old 09-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered

If only I had a heated warehouse to redo it in as it should be done I would be look'n real hard at that one.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My buddy has copies of $50K worth of work done to this boat not long ago...

His opinion, since he knows the boat and owner better than I do is that the dash, interior and wiring needs attention.

Some of the $50K included, drives, trans, new cylinder heads and components.... list goes on....

I don't need a boat this big...otherwise I would have gotten it myself. It would be fun project and one that would bring the retail value up with the rest of the other 41 Apaches that are for sale.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
My buddy has copies of $50K worth of work done to this boat not long ago...

His opinion, since he knows the boat and owner better than I do is that the dash, interior and wiring needs attention.

Some of the $50K included, drives, trans, new cylinder heads and components.... list goes on....

I don't need a boat this big...otherwise I would have gotten it myself. It would be fun project and one that would bring the retail value up with the rest of the other 41 Apaches that are for sale.
That 36 of yours does not have room for the crib changing table stroller three tote bags full of clothes and assorted baby crap.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Registered

That is funny about your comment on the changing table in the 36' . That is why my wife said we could get ours. My wife looked at the pics and said "cool it has a built in changing table, I suppose if you really want it."

I thought that 41' looked like an interesting project. I am not ready for a 41' quite yet and I have a few more years to enjoy my 36'. The 70 hours I put on her this year are 70 of the best hours of my life!!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
That 36 of yours does not have room for the crib changing table stroller three tote bags full of clothes and assorted baby crap.
changing table is located on the STBD side, it's approximately 2ft by 4 ft in length. On the opposite side there is a wetbar where I can fix myself a drink when I start loosing my mind and to clean the crap off my fingers from chainging the baby....

Quick Reply: Fixer upper @ custom marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.