28 Apache in classifieds >

28 Apache in classifieds

Notices

28 Apache in classifieds

Old 02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts
Default 28 Apache in classifieds

What do you guys know about this 28 Apache? Good or bad, why hasn't it sold?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This a cut and past from this thread>>>http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=175555

I can tell you right now those engines are not 700hp, do a search about a boat stolen...a 28.... and find out what the old owner Mike Leslie said.....(he said 550hp)

those engines are pooched, they look like **** and the guy doesnt even have any idea what kind of hours they have on them....he didnt even pull them and put some nice hoses and throw some paint on them and clean them up before selling like I am sure most here would have done....boat was stolen and who knows what could have happened to the engines or drives internals when the guy stole it. He (thief) took off the props and it has cheap props now as well....

also the owner thinks the boat is worth every penny of his asking price. I would have bought it on Monday if the guy was more reasonable and understood what kind of work those engines need to make that boat a solid real nice one..

who knows about the hull....could have the knee cracks that are so common on these 28's and those are a couple grand to fix. Anybody seen this thing up close?

The market will show this guy his mistake. I dont think anyone is going to touch that boat at 40k with those engines.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
This a cut and past from this thread>>>http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=175555

I can tell you right now those engines are not 700hp, do a search about a boat stolen...a 28.... and find out what the old owner Mike Leslie said.....(he said 550hp)

those engines are pooched, they look like **** and the guy doesnt even have any idea what kind of hours they have on them....he didnt even pull them and put some nice hoses and throw some paint on them and clean them up before selling like I am sure most here would have done....boat was stolen and who knows what could have happened to the engines or drives internals when the guy stole it. He (thief) took off the props and it has cheap props now as well....

also the owner thinks the boat is worth every penny of his asking price. I would have bought it on Monday if the guy was more reasonable and understood what kind of work those engines need to make that boat a solid real nice one..

who knows about the hull....could have the knee cracks that are so common on these 28's and those are a couple grand to fix. Anybody seen this thing up close?

The market will show this guy his mistake. I dont think anyone is going to touch that boat at 40k with those engines.
I don't think he ever saw the boat. I'm sure some of it is true, but thats old info. The only important fact I have read about that boat here on OSO is that nobody has seen it lately. A lot can be done to a boat in just a year or two.

I saw the ad has been changed and mentions 40hrs on the engines. Not sure if thats on a new engine or just the rebuild. IMO I think it looks like a great deal and if I was still in the market I would probobly buy it or atleast have a hard look. Due to the rumor mill I probobly would have the best of the best survey it (ed cozzi).
Old 02-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I don't think he ever saw the boat. I'm sure some of it is true, but thats old info. The only important fact I have read about that boat here on OSO is that nobody has seen it lately. A lot can be done to a boat in just a year or two.

I saw the ad has been changed and mentions 40hrs on the engines. Not sure if thats on a new engine or just the rebuild. IMO I think it looks like a great deal and if I was still in the market I would probobly buy it or atleast have a hard look. Due to the rumor mill I probobly would have the best of the best survey it (ed cozzi).
Yea i was going to say take this with a grain of salt since no one actually looked at it. BUt you guys have already called him out so i saw no need to

Hell if it is still around in April you bet your azz i will be flying to Ga to look at it.

Last edited by BY U BOY; 02-06-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:44 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

boat has had the Vin # changed, it was a theft recovery boat, bought at a auction, it belonged to a OSO member.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apache Boat

I dont know where you got your information, but this boat still has the orginal Apache vin number.

"By U Boy"; Since you know so much about this boat, why dont you ask Mike Leslie who he got to take the boat from the boat storage in Buford, GA. The Hall County Sheriff's Department would like to know. And ask him where are the props, the stereo system and the ship to shore radio that was all taken, that was the only thing wrong with this boat when I bought it.

Last edited by john_john540; 02-13-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by john_john540
I dont know where you got your information, but this boat still has the orginal Apache vin number.

"By U Boy"; Since you know so much about this boat, why dont you ask Mike Leslie who he got to take the boat from the boat storage in Buford, GA. The Hall County Sheriff's Department would like to know. And ask him where are the props, the stereo system and the ship to shore radio that was all taken, that was the only thing wrong with this boat when I bought it.

Easy there John, If you read his post By U Boy was simply quoting another member on another thread - ar15meister. He is the guy you want to talk to. I understand your frustration and I would probobly do the same.

Welcome to OSO. Please tell us more about your boat. What kind of speed are you getting and how much HP. I've got 460Hp 454's and she'll do 76.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:41 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

In your statement you say that the Buford County Sheriffs would like to know what Mr Leslie, did with certian items after the boat was taken from the storage compund? Why was it taken from the compound? It sound like a theft recovery to me?????
Old 02-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by john_john540

Maybe you should reread my post, I was simply quoiting what i read in another thread. I also said that if the boat is still for sale in april or may i would like to come look at it since the Brave is at the top of my list.
Are you selling the boat or did you just purchase it?
Since you own the boat why don't you give us the scoop on it.
I like the boat and would like to get the truth.

Last edited by BY U BOY; 02-14-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat needs some work still. Saw it a couple of weeks ago

Quick Reply: 28 Apache in classifieds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.