28 brave prop selection >

28 brave prop selection

Notices

28 brave prop selection

Old 07-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 28 brave prop selection

whats the best props for a 28 apache with twin 502 efi and bravos'.
3 blade? 4 blade? round ear,clever??? Average top speed???
Just trying to get an idea.
thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

25P mirage plus. Tried a bunch of them and these will work best. I had 450+hp 454's and ran around 77-78. I was told the 28 was built to run 3 blade mirage's labbed by merc.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I thought it was 27 mirage 3 blade. Thats what was left on mine. Maybe its 27' 25P mirage 3 blade??????, I'm such a retard when it comes to these things. I've also heard of people running different props with no luck.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used 25P Mirage +'s. Actually they were a bit small but that thing pulled like a freight train. The next owner put the 27's on it. With the 25's it ran 77.8 the first day out with the new power. I liked the accleration so I left them on. Eric Froberg told me the boat with 502 mags, (415hp) should use the 25P +'s. The boat rides best with 3 blade mirage plus either way. Tabs level and a couple taps up for the drives and leave it!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by CFD5
Tabs level and a couple taps up for the drives and leave it!
I need another set of props anyways. I think my tranport guy jacked my second set that was supposed to come with the boat. I guess thats what I get for *****ing at the guy for not showing up on the right day

With no trim tab or drive indicators (no pun intended), I can't tell you how much that info helped me.

Hopefully some more great picks coming your way after the 4th.

Ya'll have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend, I'm off to the lake
Old 07-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Registered

Default props

I have a three day test drive with a 89 apache with 502 efi's. It has hydromotive 4 blade 26 pitch props turning to the inside. I have not ran the boat yet ,but today is the day !!!And sat,and Sunday.
Owner claims 74 -76 mph. I thouhgt it could turn a little more pitch with a 3 blade,but I have read that these boats are super heavy also.
I will find out
Old 07-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmotor
I have a three day test drive with a 89 apache with 502 efi's. It has hydromotive 4 blade 26 pitch props turning to the inside. I have not ran the boat yet ,but today is the day !!!And sat,and Sunday.
Owner claims 74 -76 mph. I thouhgt it could turn a little more pitch with a 3 blade,but I have read that these boats are super heavy also.
I will find out

send us some pics of the boat you are looking at
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 PM
JCG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bigmotor,

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but yout PM inbox is full. Please read my questions below:

I have been looking at pictures of Apache Braves to check for prop rotation. So far, yours is the onlyone I have found with props turning in. How does the boat feel?? Mine has the props spinning out and I feel it rides with the nose too high. I have to always keep the drives in and use some tab to get it to run flatter. Ive been considering changing the props to turn in, since Ive heard this should lift the back. What feedback can you give me from your setup? I really appreciate your help!

Julian
Old 11-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered

Default prop rotation

Hey,
I have always ran my props in on everything I have owned as I want the rumored 1mph more !!!!!

I use alot of trim, and have to work the trim/drives in the ruff stuff.
The boat feels very narrow, at speed. Or high in th water.
The bow does not feel too high, except in 3 to 4 footers , then it wants tab.

First of all this is my second season with the apache, and just got hydrulic steering installed the last week of this August.

I had no idea how loose this boat was till now !!!!

So it is a hole new learning curve. Now I have to take it easy , because the boat feels so solid , and confidence inspiring, I don't want to learn the hard way. I know it is a short boat for the type of water it can run in.
Now that I have steering, I need 10 more MPH at least !!!
I am running hydromotive 4 blade 26 pitch... trimed out I can get to 4800/4900 /5000 rpm. I would think the 3 blade should be a 27.... I would not be surprised to see the boat act different with just a prop change, as appossed to changing rotation.
I have not gps'd the boat ...

P.S. I ned to renew my membership, cannot receive pm's
Old 11-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Default I turn the props in also...

JCG;

For what it is worth, I've tried a bunch of different props, so far the best has bee a set of 32 5 blade herrings turning in. It is a much different handling boat turning in, the stern gets the raise that it needs and settles out the bow -- without having to throw the brakes(tabs) on. Also the porpoise and chine walk that I had with hydromotives is gone.

I tried 3 blade mirage plus's, but couldn't get enough bite at the start in that hi of a pitch.

Big Motor -- still love that boat went to look at it before you bought it and found that it had sold the week before... all good --- as I am very happy with the one I ended up with!

Dave

Quick Reply: 28 brave prop selection

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.