Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some photos of the custom rods.
Attached Thumbnails Allez Vite-000_0400.jpg   Allez Vite-000_0401.jpg  
Old 07-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, if you put new pistons in, why didnt you go with a 6.7 or 6.8 length rod that is relatively standard on the tall decks.
What is the bore and stroke combination?
If memeroy servers me, Zull built a few of these 653 cubic inch. Makes lots of power but durability was very poor. LT
Old 07-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get off of gellner. From what i have heard he is building good power. there will always be people who have problems with whatever you do no matter what...people dont like JC, Zul, bobby, papache, kurt,...please you cant please eveyone all the time. keep making power dean no need to post to these people...wheres the owner why isnt he replying...way too much chatter crist its only a 41
Old 07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
7.750 center to center It was either Carrillo or Crower to build them .Carrillo was way more money, we went with Crower.
Its a shame you didn't order the rods when you disassembled the engines. Ordering long lead time parts last is a smart play.
Attached Thumbnails Allez Vite-failure.jpg  
Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
Its a shame you didn't order the rods when you disassembled the engines. Ordering long lead time parts last is a smart play.
hey carl......i think a bilge picture is in order but i am in fla....keep smiling..........m.m...[the original]...
Old 07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Little Tommy
Just curious, if you put new pistons in, why didnt you go with a 6.7 or 6.8 length rod that is relatively standard on the tall decks.
What is the bore and stroke combination?
If memeroy servers me, Zull built a few of these 653 cubic inch. Makes lots of power but durability was very poor. LT
They are 656 cu.in. with 11.625 deck. thus, the long odd ball rod length.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the owner has a beef with Dean, let him post it. Otherwise, this is a bunch of 3rd party crap. And very unfair to a guy with a solid reputation.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
If the owner has a beef with Dean, let him post it. Otherwise, this is a bunch of 3rd party crap. And very unfair to a guy with a solid reputation.
The owner, Steve, doesn't have access to a computer right now. I'm boating with Steve and Krista tomorrow on my boat(Gellner doesn't rebuild my engines). Maybe they will stop by my place after the run, then Steve can use my computer. That way we all won't be subjected to "3rd party crap" anymore. One can only hope.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered

I'm sure that Steve is not the only one this has happened to. I'm sure there is a list of others. I think people should know that if they take their engines to Gellner, it going to be awhile before they get them back. Not that you're going to get a crap engines its just going to take a long time to get them!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ziploc
I'm sure that Steve is not the only one this has happened to. I'm sure there is a list of others. I think people should know that if they take their engines to Gellner, it going to be awhile before they get them back. Not that you're going to get a crap engines its just going to take a long time to get them!!!
This was a rare situation. We may not be the quickest, but I have NO comebacks and the engines run like a fine swiss watch. Our accomplishments speak for themselves!

Quick Reply: Allez Vite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.