Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/apache-55/)
-   -   '98 36' Apache Comanche... Any history, it's haunting me! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/apache/340095-98-36-apache-comanche-any-history-its-haunting-me.html)

grindermech 08-08-2016 05:14 PM

'98 36' Apache Comanche... Any history, it's haunting me!

I was truly hoping someone else would ask about the poor girl for sale... Any history?!
There is a 41' (414?) for sale in Michigan I'd rescue in another life...Another lost soul.

Greetings to all btw,
James

315duramax 08-10-2016 08:27 AM

what boat are you talking about

Bad Ass TA WS6 08-10-2016 09:06 AM

It belonged to a board member who is no longer with us. Im sure if you do some searching you can find some info on it.

grindermech 08-10-2016 10:46 AM

The Apache 36' Comanche for sale in the Classifieds.

offshoredrillin 08-10-2016 11:33 AM

Storage meaning it sat beside the house with a blue tarp.. last i heard the transom was soft and I don't think the engines have been run in 10 years.

grindermech 08-10-2016 11:38 AM

I did quite a few searches... I found an old thread with pics, but with a different hatch (no-scoops.) It's been stated that Apache built (4) 36' Comanche's...
It would certainly be surprising if ALL four had the 'Long haired leaping gnome' paint scheme! I'm a new member, and out of respect for this forum, the previous owner, and the current seller, I'm limiting my questions, opinion, and possible intentions. Although, I will say that--- From the pictures and print I love what I see, and I'm interested (obviously.) Any background will certainly be very much appreciated! Thank you '315Duramax' and 'Bad Ass TA WS6' for your response.

James

grindermech 08-10-2016 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 4469321)
Storage meaning it sat beside the house with a blue tarp.. last i heard the transom was soft and I don't think the engines have been run in 10 years.

Thank you for your input.

chsales 08-10-2016 12:21 PM

"looks like she just rolled off the factory floor" ...yeah, sounds like it

Nykamp 08-10-2016 06:19 PM

It was originally built for or sold to Greek light in a member here or used to be if I remember right. It had bravos I think originally , then got #6's . Got traded in to Nattional Marine they swiped the 6's and put on 3 's or 3A's, whatever is on it now. Ed who last had it bought the 6's to put her back to how she used to be. I highly doubt the transom is soft based how well Mark builds his boats. Call the factory I am sure Mark McManus will tell you any information you want to know. 1-239-454-1114.

grindermech 08-10-2016 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nykamp (Post 4469503)
It was originally built for or sold to Greek light in a member here or used to be if I remember right. It had bravos I think originally , then got #6's . Got traded in to Nattional Marine they swiped the 6's and put on 3 's or 3A's, whatever is on it now. Ed who last had it bought the 6's to put her back to how she used to be. I highly doubt the transom is soft based how well Mark builds his boats. Call the factory I am sure Mark McManus will tell you any information you want to know. 1-239-454-1114.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing such a valuable piece of history on that girl. I would've needed a crystal ball to forecast that one... Very cool to know!

Sincerely,
James