1994 41' Apache deal - Missed out >

1994 41' Apache deal - Missed out

Notices

1994 41' Apache deal - Missed out

Old 08-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 41' Apache deal - Missed out

Some of you may have spotted my thread a few days ago. I heard the boat was officially for sale from my neighbor the day he listed it, which happened to be while I'm on vacation. I tried chasing the deal and handling it from across the country. Had a deal worked to buy his 39' Ocean Express and the 41' Apache from the same guy but the owner ended up selling the Apache out from under us at $45k. Anyways, she moves on to a new owner. Not sure if they'll be on here but they got a heck of a deal. She needed a major detail, some touchups, and some leather/vinyl work but other than that, it was in good shape. If one really wanted to go in on it, #6 drives and a rebuild on the 850s would be what it deserved.

Will be getting the Ocean Express though. So expect some posts/pics/vids of that soon.

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 08-09-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Sorry it didn’t work out man. Wasn’t meant to be I guess. Congrats on the ocean express. Post pics when you can.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

curious to see wich OE you got!
Old 08-09-2018, 09:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

He did you a favour. He prevented you from owning two expensive boats at the same time which is akin to having 2 expensive wives at the same time. You owe him big time!

Enjoy the O.E. they look great.

RR

Old 08-09-2018, 11:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeff32
curious to see wich OE you got!
I'll start a thread in the OE section soon.
Originally Posted by rak rua
He did you a favour. He prevented you from owning two expensive boats at the same time which is akin to having 2 expensive wives at the same time. You owe him big time!

Enjoy the O.E. they look great.

RR
Haha. Well, I guess. But I was going to fix and flip one or the other. Truth be told, I'd rather have the Apache but willing to test out the OE for a while. We'll see.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thisistank
Sorry it didn’t work out man. Wasn’t meant to be I guess. Congrats on the ocean express. Post pics when you can.
Gotta get my post game up and I will.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Which boat was it that you missed out on?
Old 08-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Everything happens for a reason. After seeing your thread I emailed to try and get info and never got a response so the other buyer had probably already been there with cash.

Best set of luck on the other boat and post pics of what u do to it.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDon2000
Some of you may have spotted my thread a few days ago. I heard the boat was officially for sale from my neighbor the day he listed it, which happened to be while I'm on vacation. I tried chasing the deal and handling it from across the country. Had a deal worked to buy his 39' Ocean Express and the 41' Apache from the same guy but the owner ended up selling the Apache out from under us at $45k. Anyways, she moves on to a new owner. Not sure if they'll be on here but they got a heck of a deal. She needed a major detail, some touchups, and some leather/vinyl work but other than that, it was in good shape. If one really wanted to go in on it, #6 drives and a rebuild on the 850s would be what it deserved.

Will be getting the Ocean Express though. So expect some posts/pics/vids of that soon.
Which Apache sold?

Old 08-17-2018, 11:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

This 41' blocked down to around 38' Apache belonged to Mario Andretti & his doctor friend, I believe it was called Heart Beat Racer. It was cut down so it would fit a boat well at the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club here on Lake St Clair. My neighbor down my canal had it for many years but hardly used it as he had more than one boat. I know the new owner and he said it runs around 72 mph, not bad for a twin 600hp engines & Bravo drives..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.