No Reservations Apache 41 is for sale. All offers considered >

No Reservations Apache 41 is for sale. All offers considered

Notices

No Reservations Apache 41 is for sale. All offers considered

Old 05-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

LOL this is where i grew up and we love to go back and visit as much as we can. we call it the best kept secret in the united states because of its pristine water and virtually no boat traffic unless theres a bass tournament of course. Its defenanty not the place to go if you want to be in the crowd.

heres a better one for the locals in my fountian
Old 05-03-2019, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,353 Posts

I'm two lake upstream form you on Table rock
Old 05-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

That's a really nice piece at a good price. Boat has easily 2x that into it. Good luck, if it were staggered I'd be selling some equipment to figure out how to grab it!
Old 05-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by frickstyle
That's a really nice piece at a good price. Boat has easily 2x that into it. Good luck, if it were staggered I'd be selling some equipment to figure out how to grab it!
Hey frickstyle, im just curious of why a stagger on a 41 apache is more appealing to you? I have a skater built fountain that has a full stagger at 117" and understand why it is better in my race boat but not sure what benefits it would give in something someone would use for pleasure boating. My apache could be short staggered (with current bulkhead) but i never thought the pros would outweigh the cons when it came to the configuration change. In a full stagger (in my Apache) you would lose cockpit area and in a short stagger it would make it terribly tight inside the engine compartment to service the equipment. this is just something i have seen when people talk about an apache but just dont grasp the idea since the boats are not speed record holders by any means. your thoughts?
Old 05-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Registered

Just a personal interest to move to a staggered is all. You have a really nice boat, at a great deal.

Any one would be lucky to pick this one up.

Last edited by frickstyle; 05-03-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Registered

And you are correct, a side by side is better for pleasure because you get a better cockpit.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Just a personal interest to move to a staggered is all. You have a really nice boat, at a great deal.

Any one would be lucky to pick this one up.
Thanks for the kind words and response, I didnt feel you were discounting the boat in any way but wanted to see what leads you to a stagger setup in a pleasure boat. My question was out of pure curiosity and having both myself i understand benefits but you are the third person ive heard with desire for staggered engines lately and wanted to hear why you have that conclusion. My side by side has a forward fuel tank thats larger than the fuel tank under the cockpit area and COG could be a reason that apache did that because most of the staggered setups i have seen have saddle tanks beside the engines. thanks again for your kind words and response
Old 05-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 285 Likes on 137 Posts

Staggered is nice because when you turn around and look backwards while running you can instantly feel your crank size increase X 10 ����
Old 05-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
Thanks for the kind words and response, I didnt feel you were discounting the boat in any way but wanted to see what leads you to a stagger setup in a pleasure boat. My question was out of pure curiosity and having both myself i understand benefits but you are the third person ive heard with desire for staggered engines lately and wanted to hear why you have that conclusion. My side by side has a forward fuel tank thats larger than the fuel tank under the cockpit area and COG could be a reason that apache did that because most of the staggered setups i have seen have saddle tanks beside the engines. thanks again for your kind words and response
Right on man. I would also assume that in the side by side config, the Apaches are better arranged (COG) than the Cig. Apache is more of a purpose built boat where the Cig is the gentleman's racer/pleasure craft. The way I want to run on the Great Lakes, the staggered 41 Apache is on a short list of boats to own. certainly no speed demon, but a heck of a lot of fun at 75-95 mph.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.