Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
96 warrior 36 >

96 warrior 36

Notices

96 warrior 36

Old 09-11-2022, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the boat listed for In this condition?
Old 09-11-2022, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottyChatham
I don’t think it was listed? Probably more than actually worth? I don’t see anyway of coming out monetarily starting with a stripped boat??? But what is the value of doing things your way and having exactly what you want when done? What you think a boat , no motors, had bravo drive (but missing) needs all interior and cabin redone, unroadworthy trailer would be worth?
Old 09-11-2022, 12:47 PM
Registered

Oh I thought you were considering purchasing this hull and had a number on it. I would start with what the boat is worth turn key and subtract the cost restore to get an idea of value. I’ve seen solid but stripped hulls go for 5-10k but apaches are different than any other boat. They are likely reaching collector status and no other boat builder has the same history or reputation. The fact that so few were built and few come to market that if you want one your almost at the mercy of the seller. IMO you could easily add 20% to the value of a 36 Apache compared to a comparable 38TG.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cking
Oh I thought you were considering purchasing this hull and had a number on it. I would start with what the boat is worth turn key and subtract the cost restore to get an idea of value. I’ve seen solid but stripped hulls go for 5-10k but apaches are different than any other boat. They are likely reaching collector status and no other boat builder has the same history or reputation. The fact that so few were built and few come to market that if you want one your almost at the mercy of the seller. IMO you could easily add 20% to the value of a 36 Apache compared to a comparable 38TG.

Thanks. I honestly feel I will never get a return on investment if I do this? I figured a minimum of 100k would be sunk in the boat if I do most labor myself. I just want something cool. I think the audience of potential “buyers “ would be much larger with a cigarette? But I like the Apache brand lol
I recently sold my Fountain, another boat I overspent vs return, but I enjoyed doing it my way.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ScottyChatham
Thanks. I honestly feel I will never get a return on investment if I do this? I figured a minimum of 100k would be sunk in the boat if I do most labor myself. I just want something cool. I think the audience of potential “buyers “ would be much larger with a cigarette? But I like the Apache brand lol
I recently sold my Fountain, another boat I overspent vs return, but I enjoyed doing it my way.
I think cigarette, like fountain, is more of a house hold name. So yes those may be the first boats people search for if they are in the market but anyone who knows powerboats is aware of the Apache reputation.
Just compare what you get for the money and buy what you want. 100k for a full resto may be tight tho. A set of fresh motors in the 800hp range would eat up more than half your budget. Plus drives, interior, trailer…
The following 2 users liked this post by Cking:
hoodoo (09-12-2022), ScottyChatham (09-12-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Scotty, Are you on Lanier?
Old 09-14-2022, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomcei
Scotty, Are you on Lanier?
yes sir
Old 09-16-2022, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Scotty hit me up I use Merlin Marine and I am also on Lanier. Hello Tom.
Old 09-16-2022, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by myattitude
Scotty hit me up I use Merlin Marine and I am also on Lanier. Hello Tom.
Tony Garrisonput the white windshield on my Fountain. I use him and Tony Canale both for work. I have a Carver 355 we keep at Margaritaville. We are there most weekends
Old 09-19-2022, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...he-o82037.html

As someone that has redone a 36’ your 100 number will be tough on a stripped boat. You would be better off to work a deal on the one above.

Also, that boat is hanging way off that yard trailer and I’d be concerned about a hook on the bottom because of lack of support. -also. Hit it hard with a moisture meter.

The boat looks roached so you are starting from scratch
Hull = ? $$
trailer = 14-20k
drives = 15-20k
steering = 5k
interior/stereo =25-30k
motors 30-40k
guages/electronics = 5k

Find a boat that is done for the most part. They are bad ass. I’ve had mine since 2006 and no plans to get rid of her but you will not have a value congruent with what you spend when finished.
The following 3 users liked this post by baywatch:
J-Bonz (09-19-2022), KEYS DISEASE (09-20-2022), offshoredrillin (01-01-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.