APACHE at it again!!!

Notices

APACHE at it again!!!

Old 12-01-2003, 10:21 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"cbr we will look for you". Yeah, in your wake! Seriously, we look forward to it.

We will keep the fishing poles up and sunbrella top on whenever you guys are around. We make the Sonic look mean only for SeaRays which we outrun with twin Scorpions. <gg>

For the record, what is the HP per side in your boat? It sounded like twin howitzers firing when Mark started it up. What is the exhaust set up? Staggered motors or not?

Thanks, curious minds want to know.

Last edited by CBR; 12-01-2003 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is your sonic the one with the chair on the back deck?
Attached Thumbnails APACHE at it again!!!-a1002.jpg  
Old 12-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Registered

Smile

Warpaint that was a good flick!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Yes, CBR has the fighting chair on the deck.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Registered

sydwayz where is your avatar pic from??
Old 12-01-2003, 11:23 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Thanks Lucy, not quite sure what the picture is showing. Looks like an operating room to me. Nice!

Yep, when I am out hunting for Sea Rays to dust, the side rails fold down and pin in the forward bracket, the box comes off as does the fighting chair, and the original cushion goes back on the engine hatch. Fish boat to Sea Ray terror within 15 minutes!

Hence the whole Hyperfishing.com concept.

Needless to say, most of the time the stuff is on there. Usually I take off the chair and put the cockpit tarp over the engine hatch. Obviously this time my wife was not in the mood to do that when I left her to clean up the boat. "Hey, there is gas in the bilge, I am off this &*%$ thing."

Last edited by CBR; 12-01-2003 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

It seems to me that we should be looking at a power to weight ratio when comparing these two boats. I think that if you take a 36 Gladiator and a 41 Apache and give them equal power relative to the weight of the respective boat, the Gladiator will be faster in calm or mildly rough conditions. I say this simply because the Apache will still have to push more hull length through the water and the Gladiator has the advantage of a stepped hull.

Now, take these same two boats and put them in some really sloppy water. The Gladiator will still devour this water, but I think that the Apache will be able to run the same speed more comfortably and may even be able to run through the really rough stuff faster due to the extra length and the extra weight. Does this make any sense or did I just confuse everybody?

OK, to make this long story short, each boat (given the same power to weight ratio) will have it's day. Some days the Apache will win and other days the Gladiator will win. Now I am by no means saying that the Apache is built better because they are both built really well. The Gladiator will absolutely eat up the rough stuff, but we all know that size and weight both matter when it gets really nasty!

Now before you guys jump all over my opinions, please consider that I am not the least bit biased towards either boat because I am lucky enough to own one of each. Well actually, the bank owns one of each!
Attached Thumbnails APACHE at it again!!!-1.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 12-01-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:37 AM
Registered

Gladiator pleasure boat 8505 lbs with 40 pounds of fuel. In the rough stuff the weight is important but not as important as the throttleperson.

Lucy, be glad to run with you in December providing I still own the boat. Haulover to Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo. Loser pays for hotel and dockage.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

True. The skill of the throttleperson is huge! I was just thinking about boat vs boat for the comparison.

This challenge sent out by Lucy could turn into a great showdown. It might be worth the trip to Florida to see this!
Old 12-02-2003, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey Buck

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nauti Kitty
[B]8-12 foot waves on lake michigan today. How come no one understands that our "lake" is 100 by 500 miles big?

any dolphin there for me to catch?

Quick Reply: APACHE at it again!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.