Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Apache is totaled, and I don't need my trailer anymore.. >

Apache is totaled, and I don't need my trailer anymore..

Notices

Apache is totaled, and I don't need my trailer anymore..

Old 06-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Ah! Yes. That thing looks amazing. Did a back flip and sank? Ouch.
Pretty sure it ended up in a roll to. I was in the city that day and saw the nose sticking out of the water. Just missed the crash was not looking the rite way.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I flew out to Oklahoma to look at it with another member of oso years ago (after accident). boat at first look was in good shape for the accident.
At closer look it had major damage, delam, the #6s damaged.......Boat now looks awesome but remember it did sink and has been
for sale for ever.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow, that is the boat that did flips & Rolls? I've seen this thing for sale for a loooooong time!
Old 06-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

They put a lot of money in it thats for sure. I didnt know that was the one that flipped. It had big power in it at one time when it first hit the market. Cant remember, but did Gaudado redo that one?
Old 06-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I remember it having 880HP I may be wrong but I beleve it was 100mph boat.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the question I have, even though it rolled and sunk, with the severe damage done, if it was fixed correctly and that is a big if, why hasnt it sold? There has been a number of race boats wrecked, rolled and fixed and sold as pleasure boats with little questions. Not arguing just questioning. this looks like a nice boat, I have never seen it up close but would think it could be surveyed by someone reputable to see if it was sound.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by the bear
So the question I have, even though it rolled and sunk, with the severe damage done, if it was fixed correctly and that is a big if, why hasnt it sold? There has been a number of race boats wrecked, rolled and fixed and sold as pleasure boats with little questions. Not arguing just questioning. this looks like a nice boat, I have never seen it up close but would think it could be surveyed by someone reputable to see if it was sound.
If this boat had step by step pictures done when it was fixed might help. But you cant ever see what's under a paint job. My apache looked great in bilge but after a few rides you see the cheep repairs. I had lots of work to make it rite and I am sure the same is for that boat. The other thing it was not put together to use it was done for the money. If it had some poker runs under its belt it might not be still for sale. Just my thoughts.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

My only problem with sunk boats is there are 4 year old boats that have rotten stringers and transoms that have never been sunk.

Submerge one stern down nose up , which is the usual position they take , and the stern is nearly 30 feet underwater at almost 2 atmospheres of pressure.

If there are any voids in the transom or stringer layup than water is going to find its way in , or much simpler through the exhaust and transom assembly cut outs .

Good luck getting the voids to dry out.

Last edited by tommymonza; 06-10-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
My only problem with sunk boats is there are 4 year old boats that have rotten stringers and transoms that have never been sunk.

Submerge one stern down nose up , which is the usual position they take , and the stern is nearly 30 feet underwater at almost 2 atmospheres of pressure.

If there are any voids in the transom or stringer layup than water is going to find its way in , or much simpler through the exhaust and transom assembly cut outs .

Good luck getting the voids to dry out.
Yeah, great points. I think too many people here suffer from Apache blindness, they want one against all logic and reason. Plenty of other awesome wave crushers that have kept the ride side of the boat in the water.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

I believe she and Paul Phaff 1000's in her when Freddie bought her , it's been for sale for a very long time. Like 14 Apache said maybe with a top name guy and detailed photos of the redo then maybe a boat to go after. There probably only 3 people I'd let redo it and fun it with my family. Mc Manus, Saber, and Eddie G with Bobby S as my eyes.

Last edited by Nykamp; 06-10-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Apache is totaled, and I don't need my trailer anymore..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.