looking to buy a 31 awsome

Notices

looking to buy a 31 awsome

Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gowet4fun
I do know this boat was completely redun, he may have put a side by side in it himself. but I agree, not much fun with a dude sitting next to you. lol

news flash, all the front seating in a 31 is going to be side by side, whether the bolsters are shifted to one side or not
Old 12-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
You are asking alot of questions way ahead of getting some baseline info on the boat. Go get the Hull Number and do some research. You are right to question the speed number posted. Why? Because with that power and drive, it NEVER NEVER NEVER did 85.
what can do with the hull number? I have never researched a boat like this before.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what can do with the hull number? I have never researched a boat like this before.
Try this website out, for starters.

www.boathistoryreport.com
Old 12-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered

I agree with Rotax454,

Modified 454 ?

Rotax454, time to get all the AwesomeCats together this summer on the EAST COAST?

I'm game for a get together.

Have a great holiday to all, if we don't talk.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phil_p999
Try this website out, for starters.

www.boathistoryreport.com
Good information Phil. Here is the USGC site for boat HIN information and recall notices.
http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...e&sort=company

Your 93 Awesome should have EWA as the first three letters within the Hull Identification Number. The purpose in getting the owner to produce the HIN would first verify the true boatbuilder.

Randy is correct. ANY true 31 Awesome will have side by side front cockpit seating arrangement. Really, both the 26 and the 38 do too. In fact, most Midwest/East Coast cat builders have side by side front seating. If that is a concern, you had better look for a West Coast cat builder. Eliminator, DCB, etc. have individual front seats separated by a walk thru area.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Good information Phil. Here is the USGC site for boat HIN information and recall notices.
http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...e&sort=company

Your 93 Awesome should have EWA as the first three letters within the Hull Identification Number. The purpose in getting the owner to produce the HIN would first verify the true boatbuilder.

Randy is correct. ANY true 31 Awesome will have side by side front cockpit seating arrangement. Really, both the 26 and the 38 do too. In fact, most Midwest/East Coast cat builders have side by side front seating. If that is a concern, you had better look for a West Coast cat builder. Eliminator, DCB, etc. have individual front seats separated by a walk thru area.
thanks for the websites. I will start trying to get the info from the hull number. I don't have a problem with the side by side, I have noticed most are like that, just never seen one on the starboard side like this one. this is a first cat look for me, I have been in v-hulls my whole life. but I heard these have alot of cabin space compared to most, I have 2 small kids that love performance boating as a family
Old 12-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by STV92

I agree with Rotax454,
Modified 454 ?
Rotax454, time to get all the AwesomeCats together this summer on the EAST COAST?
I'm game for a get together.
Have a great holiday to all, if we don't talk.
Jeff, Sounds like a plan to me. 2010 is finally going to be my year. To all of the Awesome Owners-----A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Registered

thanks for the websites. I will start trying to get the info from the hull number. I don't have a problem with the side by side, I have noticed most are like that, just never seen one on the starboard side like this one. this is a first cat look for me, I have been in v-hulls my whole life. but I heard these have alot of cabin space compared to most, I have 2 small kids that love performance boating as a family
The cabin area (although not that big) played a part in why I purchased my cat. The ladies HAVE to HAVE a place to store their stuff, change their clothes, #1 in private, powder their nose, make woopie in private, make lunch, blend some margaritta's, etc, etc, etc. More so with kids too. The cockpit area sure looks like some individuals handy work. Is not stock or factory in appearance. I am thinking something, but would rather just stay quiet until I see the HIN.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered

Fair Price

yes, this is the boat. seems a little cheap?
I owned a 2000 awesome...could have bought a 2003 for $64,000. PRICE SEEMS ABOUT RIGHT.

HAVE IT SURVEYED! THERE QUALITY WAS TERRIBLE THEN.

BOAT PERFORMS GREAT!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Smile

CHRIS-CAT, AMERICAN OFFSHORE AND AWESOME ALL HAVE TWO CENTER SEATS. VICIOUS CAT HAS TWO SIDE BY SIDE SEATS LIKE THE AWESOME YOU ARE LOOKING AT. THAT IS NOT A STANDARD SET UP. PAIN IN THE BUT TO GET IN AND OUT WITH SIDE SEATING. CABIN SPACE IS GREAT!

GREAT FAMILY BOAT! SAFE AND FAST. CATS GET 30% MORE SPEED AND 30% BETTER FUEL ECONOMY. ONCE YOU OWN A CAT YOU WILL NEVER WANT A VEE BOTTOM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.