Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja-31/)
-   -   Experience with GPS Speedo in 25 Outlaw (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja/106171-experience-gps-speedo-25-outlaw.html)

Showdown 06-22-2005 09:13 PM

Experience with GPS Speedo in 25 Outlaw

Does anyone have the specifics on the wiring in the 25 Outlaw. Getting ready to install mine and want to make sure its done right

JasonSmith 06-23-2005 07:48 AM

Re: Experience with GPS Speedo in 25 Outlaw

I don't think it is a big deal. You should just need a hot and a ground. They can be pulled off the orig. gauge as it would have been lit.

Dock Holiday 06-23-2005 07:52 AM

Most boats have an open / unused accessory switch on the dash panel.

Just wire it to that switch. That is what I did and it works great.

Good luck

Smitty 06-23-2005 10:35 AM

I have also found on Baja's that there a few hot wires tucked into the harness that are not used. Just use a volt meter and see if they have power when the batteries are on. I wired my old one into the key on circuit for the tach, that way it when on with the key only. Just remember if you do it that way the tattletale will only work until you turn off the key.

Steel Outlawed 06-24-2005 05:31 PM

Like Doc said wire to one of the accessory swithes, that's the way I did it on my 25 Outlaw.

JasonSmith 06-27-2005 10:22 AM

I just installed one on my 29 Outlaw this last weekend. I used power & ground from the hour meter and light from the compas feed. Works like a champ. I highly recomend buying a GPS speedometer. It is soooo choice.

Rocko C 06-29-2005 02:47 PM

Hey, where did you guys mount the receiver ? I've read that it can be mounted in the dash with no problems. I have a 2000 25 Outlaw and am going to be purchasing one soon, as soon as I measure the Gaffrig monster speedo in there now. Thanks.

Steel Outlawed 06-29-2005 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can see mine right behind the Oil Temp gauge.

Rocko C 06-29-2005 08:27 PM

Thanks, Steelware. You're dash looks awesome, very clean and un-cluttered. The silver bezels are a nice touch. I'll take it for granted that Baja's Monster gauges use a 4 5/8" cutout ? Two questions, though...1. what did you do with the pitot tube from the OEM speedo ? 2. What's that device to the right of the cupholder ? I'm brand new to this website, I just discovered it last night...it's like a gold mine for Baja owners.

Steel Outlawed 06-29-2005 08:49 PM

I disconnected the pilot tube at the drive and plugged it, and I just left it where it was.

The device beside the cupholder is the GPS speedo recall.