Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Whats a fair price for a 98 25 Outlaw with... >

Whats a fair price for a 98 25 Outlaw with...

Notices

Whats a fair price for a 98 25 Outlaw with...

Old 09-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Whats a fair price for a 98 25 Outlaw with...

Wow, that is amazing!! Danny must have used the pic's I sent him when he bought it, funny. Anyway, the boat is great. I really enjoyed owning it. I was the second owner. I bought it from a guy in New Jersay. He special ordered the boat with the HP500. Very fussy guy, as am I. It had approx. 130 hours on it when I bought it in March of 2001. I sold it to Danny in March of 2004, with approx. 225 hours if I remember correctly. I only used Merc oils and chemicals, as did the original owner, as I encourged Danny to as well. Oil/filter changes every 25 hrs religiously. There was not a scratch on that boat when I sold it to him. Are you running the Bravo 24P? That was the best prop I found to work for that boat. I sent it to Merc. Racing in WI for a lab job, wow, expensive, but worth it. That boat rocks. I am very happy to see you enjoying it. If you ever have any questions, I will always try to help. Give me a call anytime.
Joe Salvione
(518) 725-8466 Ext. 103

Take Care!!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Joe, the boat does not have a scrach on it anywhere. the upholstery needs a good cleaning which I will do tomorrow. Taking it out tomorrow as well. I changed the side decals to the ones that continue the checkered flag through it. Danny bought them, $150 per side. Never put them on. First thing I did. Looks cool. Boat now has aprox 271 hours on the meter. Changing the cup holders side vents, rear vents to powder coated purple. Also after Septemeber changing the swim platform to the aluminum powder coated Baja now uses. Spoke to Extreme Marine, their supplier to cusom make me one that will line up with the existing bolt holes. (I am very pickey also) don;t think Danyy knoew how to do things himself and had the marina do the maintance. He did have all the reciepts and did have all Mercruiser products used on the boat.

See from old post of yours that you were considering having the valve springs replaced. Did you ever do that? Also see you had a problem in winterizing the boat through the flush, wasn't drawing quick enough. Also got an old sea pump in the stuff Danny gave me. Did you replace it and does it pull quicker when you winterized it. Boat is now in Pittsburgh Pa and I will be doing that soon. Send me a PM and tell me how much you sold it for and I will tell you how much I paid.

Also did new Goodyear Marithon radials on the trailer as the original tires looked brand new with the knubs still on them but were dry rotted. Did, new berings, seals and brakes as well.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, Joe, why did you sell it?????
Old 09-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never did the springs. There were so many mixed opinions about when do it that since it ran perfect, I opted not to. I quoted around $5,000 to go thru the entire upper, thought that was a bit steep. I sold the boat and bought a new 30 Outlaw. As far as the raw water pump, I changed the impeller just because I was in there to do the oil in the fuel pump (which that model has), so I decided to throw one in. The original was perfect though. I think it did not suck anti-freeze good thru the flush due to I never blocked off the lower unit intakes (might have been sucking air), so I winterized it the old fashion way. Enjoy the boat!!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Registered

Thanks Joe. I wopuld like to call you sometime. Got your number thanks.

Not clear on the whole oil in the fuel pump thing????